What I did today -instead- of Rocketry.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's difficult to deal with these good ole boys, southern slang, redneck, primitive, poorly educated Boofers.

Are they more difficult to deal with than those that constantly complain about the government, their poor health, about not having any money, about people they think are beneath them, and other such things?

Are they more difficult to deal with than those that constantly complain about the government, their poor health, about not having any money, about people they think are beneath them, and other such things?
absolutely not, and yes I'm the worst person in the world on 3 of those above items. Like Buddy Rich said, " I can be a real stinker"

filled out the paperwork to donate my body to a University for scientific studies, then get buried in their "Body Farm"

Canned our high tannin ciders today. Struggled with the air compressor that drives a lot of the canner. It sits in the woodshop adjacent to the cidery- much less noisy that way. But this time of year, my primitive de watering system freezes up. After I got the after-cooler thawed, I found this on the automatically emptying dewaterer. Which I had plugged since it was hissing a lot. But not perfectly plugged. CC13A36C-531D-4D4D-8C9E-3AC58BE4DA7C.jpeg

Hoping @Cape Byron is ok, but I continued to (re)organize my workshop - after my (step) father-in-law passed away, I got a lot of cherry, walnut, oak, clear pine & some semi-exotics in small lots and had to go through seeing what I could keep and what wasn't worth saving... though to be honest, I think I'd keep toothpicks made out of walnut if I had the room. Even burning the low quality pieces of that stuff is heartbreaking, it's just so darn pretty and nice-smelling. But I have a good stash now. Then my wife beat me at Scrabble and my oldest son beat me at both Battleship and Stratego... should've worked on rockets!

Last edited:
How much longer are you in exile, and is everyone you had to flee doing ok/recovering?

Good questions. We can’t go home until the family return a negative RAT, but we can’t procure RATs because… we’ll… no-one has any. I need seven.

Family has zero symptoms. That, at least, is good.

Lucky I like steam cleaning. Started on the windows this morning. Beard going well. That’s about all the news. 🤠

Good questions. We can’t go home until the family return a negative RAT, but we can’t procure RATs because… we’ll… no-one has any. I need seven.

Family has zero symptoms. That, at least, is good.

Lucky I like steam cleaning. Started on the windows this morning. Beard going well. That’s about all the news. 🤠
I think you may have a few negative RAT's running your government over there! I'm glad everyone is at least symptom free.

Before:
Before.jpeg
After:
IMG_2499.jpeg
Marvin:
At long last K9! After having kept a circular band of elastic material around the baltea straps of my Martian armor for over 3 months, they finally hold a generally vertical orientation! Those Earthlings will now have no excuse to make fun of my military uniform, when we return for another specimen! Isn't that delightful!

Years ago In Soviet Russia I have friend girl who like home cooking and also the bang-bang. She so pretty her father get some money just for friends to have quiet time with her. Tonight I cook dinner and remember times, and maybe I no have to give new wife father too much monies. Ha!

0F3AE4EC-B1D1-48AC-82DC-3524B845366E.jpeg

Where is the tannin mostly from? The skin?
In low tannin eating apples (200-300ppm, with a few rare ones at 800-900ppm) the tannins are indeed concentrated in the skin. But in the English and French bitter cider apples (2000-3000ppm, though when grown in North America they usually come out 1500-2500. Climate and or soil differences, probably) English research found the tannins distributed throughout the flesh. The same polyphenol oxidase enzyme that turns your cut eating apple brown tends to bind up tannins in crushed apples to the pulp, so maceration usually makes apple (and pear) juice paler, not darker. Our English Perry pears came in at 5700ppm this year. And a really high acidity level. Drought related, I think. I toned them down with some Bosc, which I haven’t had to do in the 15 years I’ve had them.

Big day out. I sat in a line of cars for over half an hour at the pharmacy drive thru. When it was my turn my pills weren't ready. Come back in an hour. Not likely. Also went to the Post Office. So for maybe an hour I was out of the house.
If your pharmacy doesn't text you when your script is ready, check out some other pharmacies.

Apparently pharmacy techs--who actually count out the pills and handle the register--are quitting in droves. Doesn't pay a whole lot more than minimum wage, and the abuse from customers (especially those wanting their pain meds) can be horrendous.

Yesterday I spent a few hours removing and replacing an axle shaft on the Camry. The previous one quietly deconstructed itself while replacing a strut on Sunday afternoon.

Switched carriers on my cell phone. I bought a new phone as my Christmas gift to myself. I switched from Verizon pre-paid to Mint Mobile. It was way harder than it should have been. One problem was that I wanted to port my old number. I should have just gone with the new one. Most of my calls/texts are through my Google Voice number, so it wouldn't have mattered.

Spent a good portion of each evening for the past few days reviewing and trying to understand the financial implications of my day-job's decision to switch our benefits/HR management company. Haven't slept well for the past few nights either. . .

If anyone is in the 401k industry (or understands the real ins and outs of PEO administration) and wouldn't mind an off-the-record conversation, please PM me. I don't want to complain/vent and am not intending to derail the thread (so please no comments about any of it here for sure). I would like to get a better understanding of things that I previously thought I understood better than I did and am having trouble even knowing who to ask questions to. The environment at work on the subject is somewhat combative, so there's no asking anyone in management without causing more issues. . .

Sandy.

The COVID situation is doing wonderful things to us. I initially misread that as "TRIAGE" before switching on my brain.....

Reinhard
Slightly different word. Triage was more like when I scrambled for a ppm level
Copper test before this year’s production started going into cans.

Re-binging the Expanse from the beginning, since I have forgotten a lot of the background stuff during the long wait for the final season. And hey, it is just as good the second time around!

6e93d46c4aeb9ae2f3b71a654f76db9c.jpg

Back