What I did today -instead- of Rocketry.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
unboxed the new record cleaning machine and unboxed the shop vac and found out that it was 12 volt only and the hose would not fit the receptacle on the end. So now I have to go out and buy a different shop vac that's only one and a half to two gallons capacity. One step forward, two steps backwards :mad:

unboxed the new record cleaning machine and unboxed the shop vac and found out that it was 12 volt only and the hose would not fit the receptacle on the end. So now I have to go out and buy a different shop vac that's only one and a half to two gallons capacity. One step forward, two steps backwards :mad:
You're a ham radio operator, right? Don't you have a spare 12-volt power supply hanging around the house, somewhere?

Which record cleaning machine, BTW? Pics?

You're a ham radio operator, right? Don't you have a spare 12-volt power supply hanging around the house, somewhere?

Which record cleaning machine, BTW? Pics?
no extra 12v power supplies, I'm definitely not your typical ham radio operator that has 40 pieces of equipment in his shack. I have just the very bare minimum and most all of it was given to me by my brother-in-law, who's been a ham for 60 years. My ht, dual-band mobile, and 20A Astron PS were all given to me, and now my Kenwood TS-B2000 is a loaner to use till I die from the guy who bought my Flex 6400 radio, and is graciously letting me use it. The only thing that I have bought was the cheap $14 Chinese power supply from Amazon, that is already got a terribly noisy fan after 1 year of use....so it is a steaming POS. My aluminum J-pole antenna was built by a friend who donated it to me, and I don't have an HF rig antenna, I'm just connected to the downspout and some gutter, being that I'm living in a condo.

Squeaky Clean RCM- 3D printed, manual model.

How many amps @ 12v does the vacuum draw?

How many amps @ 12v does the vacuum draw?
I cannot find any amperage draw specs anywhere on it but it is now going to be delegated to be used just out in the car and forget about having it work with my record cleaning machine. I'm just going to go out and see if I can find a used one locally like the guy uses in the video which is a stinger brand shop-vac, but if I buy one locally I can take the adapter that is with the record cleaning machine and see if it fits on the hose of the shop vac I find. I'm not going to take the chance of buying one on eBay or online when I have no idea whether the hose is going to fit onto the Record cleaning machine receptacle.

scroll saw is clean now:
LIkP1cq.jpg

After finding the Delta drill press with the custom table on it for $125 on Marketplace, I did what is always the death blow, and that is to hesitate, and I hesitated long enough and now somebody else owns it instead of me, and then I get totally teed off again at the world. 🤬

Drove to pick up the XYL from work as an RN because she had a grand mal seizure. Got to the hospital ER and while we were talking to the receptionist, she had another one. Just got home, headed to bed. As soon as the ambulance can transport her (1 to 4 hours, according to the hospital staff), she's going to Athens, GA for neurological exams. Her CT scan was clean and her blood work looked good, so the neurologist will do some EEGs and see what's up. Strong possibility it's sleep deprivation. She's been burning the candle at both ends and in the middle, too. Can't do that at almost 58 years old, anymore.

Drove to pick up the XYL from work as an RN because she had a grand mal seizure. Got to the hospital ER and while we were talking to the receptionist, she had another one. Just got home, headed to bed. As soon as the ambulance can transport her (1 to 4 hours, according to the hospital staff), she's going to Athens, GA for neurological exams. Her CT scan was clean and her blood work looked good, so the neurologist will do some EEGs and see what's up. Strong possibility it's sleep deprivation. She's been burning the candle at both ends and in the middle, too. Can't do that at almost 58 years old, anymore.

Do not know where y'all are at faith-wise, but please accept this in the spirit in which it is offered. :D

Lord God, ALL praise, glory, and power is Yours!

Your word says, "Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven. For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them.”

We come to you now and ask you to heal Mrs. Kemker of any and all physical conditions that prevent her from being safe and healthy.
Lord send the Holy Spirit to this family as both guardian and comforter.

We ask this for this blessing in accordance with your Word and in Jesus' mighty name!
Amen!

Just a quick reminder that religion and politics of any type, is usually banned on this form. It turns people into Mad Men :eek:

I read the "Terms and Rules" in detail, and do not see anything banning what I said.

But I will consider communicating any future prayers for the well-being of members and their family directly.

Try to have a good evening.

Sawed a useless trailer hitch off of the old Dodge. Someone decided it would be good to weld it in place, but that just means it was in the way of bolting the new one on.

Do not know where y'all are at faith-wise, but please accept this in the spirit in which it is offered. :D

Lord God, ALL praise, glory, and power is Yours!

Your word says, "Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven. For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them.”

We come to you now and ask you to heal Mrs. Kemker of any and all physical conditions that prevent her from being safe and healthy.
Lord send the Holy Spirit to this family as both guardian and comforter.

We ask this for this blessing in accordance with your Word and in Jesus' mighty name!
Amen!
Thank you very much and accepted and agreed upon!

Worked on my old 3d printer some more. Ordered more parts for it.

Also went Christmas shopping with the kiddos. Enjoyed walking in the rain.

Revelations and resolutions...

We came home after (more) Christmas shopping and passed another car on our road. It's a short dirt road, prolly six properties in all.

Round the corner and there is a young kookaburra in the middle of the road.

Stop. Hazard lights, etc and go and grab this little guy in a rag. Guy, well, maybe not, for the purposes of the story it will do. He couldn't fly away. An injury on the back of his head said "hit by a car" to me. Did the car we passed hit him or just drive past him in the middle of the road? This troubles me...

12 Years of OR/ER experience says the bird has concussion, but hey, I'm not an ornithologist so what do I know.

Called wildlife rescue who couldn't get a volunteer to collect him for three hours.

Rescuer arrived later and agreed prolly concussion: she'll take him home, hydrate him, give him some food and possibly bring him back tomorrow. His parents are going crazy in the nearby trees any time he calls out. Experience says if he can be released near where he was hit his parents will come and get him.

Okay. Good story, but three hours is a long time for an injured animal to wait for assistance. So, I'm going to investigate becoming a wildlife rescuer. I'm good with people trauma, so I should be able to do mammals. Snakes, hell no, but mammals, prolly okay.

Living in an environment like this is a privilege, and every animal adds enormously to the ecosystem we occupy. So this is my big goal for 2022 - Make myself available for wildlife rescue.

I'll find the time for it somewhere. 🤠

Nice! Today I worked on my 1979 242GT that's getting an LH2.2 swap.
Right on! A GT is high on my desire list but well out of my budget. I've had a few redblock cars. I also have a Megasquirt MS2 powered 740 SE wagon that I manual swapped with a Nissan CD009 six speed. It's got a big ol turbo, 750cc injectors and the works. It's pretty rowdy!

My buddy also has a big turbo 940 on Microsquirt and a twin turbo LS swapped 244.

Braden

Finished building a Microsquirt engine management harness for my 1983 Volvo 240 wagon and got it to fire up!

Braden
View attachment 494876
I used to have a 1974 145 wagon. It was a great car. I used it a lot for canoeing as it could easily carry 2 canoes, 4 people, and all the gear necessary for a week's stay in the Boundary Waters of Minnesota.

I also had a 1968 Saab 96. When the body rotted out (rear spring area) I bought a Saab 95 wagon with a bad engine & swapped my 96 engine into it. One of the first front wheel drive cars available in the US.

Attachments

• 1968_saab_96_v4_for_sale_front_resize.jpg
    1968_saab_96_v4_for_sale_front_resize.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 3
Back