What happened to Medford Tripoli? (oklahoma)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Medford had 2 launches and that was several years ago
their webpage is gone and there has been no information available

What I was told is that the guy that started that prefecture was military, and got transfered out of the area. It kinda died after that.

thats too bad. central and western Oklahoma have tons of wide open spaces. you would think there are lots of open areas and a need for a club.
Medford had none of that. Their launch site was right on the edge of town at the airport. Insanely close to homes and a golf course.

The original website is gone. John Brauner built a new one and it has been inactive for a long time. Tyler Flaherty resurrected Tripoli Medford a few years ago. I was a regular there. I think he has become a "Jeeper". John is a regular here on TRF.

Lance is correct, we launched over the runway toward the wheat fields. Industrial site to one side and golf course on the other.

The original website is gone. John Brauner built a new one and it has been inactive for a long time. Tyler Flaherty resurrected Tripoli Medford a few years ago. I was a regular there. I think he has become a "Jeeper". John is a regular here on TRF.
alright. the prefect must be gone to since its not on the tra website.

Back