What did you forget?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What did you forget?

• Launch Lugs

• Igniter

• Recovery wadding

• Parachute/Streamer

• RMS O-Rings

• Motor retention

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
I drove 400 mi to winternationals, only to discover that I had left my box full of cases and motors back home!
Looks like alot of other votes, wonder how many were motors aslo.

The first Florida Winternationals I attended, I forgot the memory cards for my camera. I ended up only able to take a few dozen photos the first day using a smaller card I happened to have. For me, that's torture. :)

-- Roger

Last edited:
for me load the motor to the rocket and load the rocket to the pad and then I got big flame coming out of the nose of the rocket. Then I realize forgot to the reload case to the Cessaroni motor.:mad:

I'm always forgetting the ejection charge on the AT 29/40-120 cases. Luckily I discover the problem when I'm at the pad and discover that I forgot to bring the red cap for the motor nozzle. Returning to my prep area I find the nozzle cap and ejection charge cap nested together (and the BP charge still inside) on my prep bench.

I've been very lucky to have never lost a rocket due to this oversite....Knock on wood...

Alan

At a DARS launch a couple of months ago I was flying my first reloads in some time. John Dyer (Red River Rocketry) caught that I had installed the RMS 24mm reload casing in the model without the ejection charge installed. Save the rocket and prevented a possible accident.

Back in 2006, John and I drove to NARAM-48 in Phoenix. Two days and 1,100 miles later I go to sports fly and no range box. My wife confirmed that I had left it right where I had put it - so that I would not forget it.

Chas

I was in such a hurry to participate in a drag race that I forgot to remove the masking tape holding the nose cone on for transport. It went up well, but came down fast and made a loud whistling sound and then.... thud. :eek:

One mistake I won't make again... hopefully.

phoenix_dead.jpg

The most embarasing was when I forgot to put in a new motor. The rocket flew once on a 29/180 load and since I have two 29/180 casings I built two motors so I could fly it again quickly. After recovering the rocket and re-packing the parachute I think I got distracted by taking pictures of some larger rockets launching. After that I brought the rocket back out to the pads, put in the igniter, and hooking up the leads. Of course the rocket didn't launch. Upon closer inspection it was clear why, hahahah.

So apparently no one ever forgets O rings, and hardly anyone ever forgets their Kaplow Klips. ;)

MarkII

Rail guides.

I keep spare rail guides in my range box with a fresh bottle of CA.

I have also forgotten to bring my camera and binoculars to a launch. Very aggravating .....

There really needs to be an addiotional choice "All of the Above".

At one time or another I've left recovery wadding, igniters, launch controler, launch lugs, 'chute, engines, binocs, camera, lunch, and even the rocket both singularly and in any random combination.

I now keep a check list on the range box and as long as I remember to run the checklist for "Go-No Go" status before I load up, I manage to remember everything.

Gotta love those early onset intermittent "Senior Moments".

There really needs to be an addiotional choice "All of the Above".

At one time or another I've left recovery wadding, igniters, launch controler, launch lugs, 'chute, engines, binocs, camera, lunch, and even the rocket both singularly and in any random combination.

I now keep a check list on the range box and as long as I remember to run the checklist for "Go-No Go" status before I load up, I manage to remember everything.

Gotta love those early onset intermittent "Senior Moments".

One night before a launch I loaded up 3 29/40-120 reloads so I didn't have to spend time during the launch. Next day, preped the first rocket, opened the range box and found 3 unmarked-ready to fly reloads. Spent the next hour taking them apart to figure out which was which. So much for saving time.

On another occasion, we were having bad luck at a launch, several LPRs were recovering via parawad. I made the comment that I had never had a parachute melt. My next launch, as the rocket was coasting up, I realized that the parachute was still in my pocket (which is where my hands were at the time because it was cold out). Everyone started razzing me when the chute didn't come out because of my previous comment. I recovered the rocket and quickly stuffed the chute into the BT. I wasn't about to get razzed twice in one fligt. :rolleyes:

mike

I remember traveling for 2 hours to get to a club lanch about 15 years ago only to forget all my igniters. Luckily, several club members volunteered a few.

Latest posts

Back