What are your most prized OOP kits?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have anything as old as some of you guys! All of my stuff from back in the early seventies (when I got started) is long gone! I do have some favorites from my first round as a BAR though:

Vaughn Brothers Javelin - Great bird. Almost twenty years old and still flies at every launch.
THOY Wasp - Extended with an 18 inch payload section. Like the Javelin, never repainted or repaired.

If either one was ever lost or damaged beyond repair they would immediately be cloned.

The only real OOP kits I have are two Launch Pad kits; Bullpup AGM-12C and Hawk MIM-23B, and an Estes Conquest (I think those are OOP, though E Rockets still seems to have them). They will be built, I'm not a collector by any means!

Estes Vagabond. I have two unbuilt partial kits plus two extra nose ones and one extra set of fins. I like the looks of this rocket and being the first rocket I built holds a special place for me. I will probably eventually build them all or build an upscale.

Hmmmm...

Doug Stout 89% Scale ARCAS

Cheers,
Michael

This was a fantastic build. One of my favorite rockets and the rocket I L2 certified on. The workmanship is outstanding and knowing that they are pretty rare ensures that the builder takes their time! I hope that you put it near the top of the pile - it was an extremely satisfying build!

This was a fantastic build. One of my favorite rockets and the rocket I L2 certified on. The workmanship is outstanding and knowing that they are pretty rare ensures that the builder takes their time! I hope that you put it near the top of the pile - it was an extremely satisfying build!

All you say is true. I am torn between having it near the top of the substantial pile and being afraid to alter it! It is a work of art and I need to convince myself worthy... May I ask if you fabricated the fin brackets per the instructions? I definitely will, and I was wondering how much of a challenge it might be.

Cheers,
Michael

Back