What are you drinking right now?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was a long time ago. I haven't drunk Fosters since I was in the UK.

XXXX was the largest selling Oz beer until recently. I actually like Carlton Draught from the locals or Kirin First Press when it's really hot outside.

Perroni Leggera if I'm going for a light beer.

White Rabbit if I'm wanting to pass out.

I have sencha green tea in the microwave. The bell just rang. I probably should go get it now. That would settle the question of whether I'm actually "drinking right now". Just back from a bike ride. Don't really feel like getting up. Decisions, decisions.

That was a long time ago. I haven't drunk Fosters since I was in the UK.

XXXX was the largest selling Oz beer until recently. I actually like Carlton Draught from the locals or Kirin First Press when it's really hot outside.

Perroni Leggera if I'm going for a light beer.

White Rabbit if I'm wanting to pass out.

I liked these beers. My favorite beer bar had a couple years ago. One bottle was really cool, it had a picture of a Tasmanian wolf on the bottle....
Outback Steakhouse had Boags lager on draught a few years ago, but not anymore...
Beers_Range11.png

I liked these beers. My favorite beer bar had a couple years ago. One bottle was really cool, it had a picture of a Tasmanian wolf on the bottle....
Outback Steakhouse had Boags lager on draught a few years ago, but not anymore...

That was probably Cascade, a pretty nice beer. That animal on the bottle isn't a wolf, it's a Tasmanian Tiger - Thylacine- thought to be extinct since 1936.

Cascade-reveal.jpg

The thing is, there are several credible sightings of the thylacine every year. Most of these occur in the rainforest remnants of NE Australia.

That's where we are. 😁

Yes, I've met people who have seen one.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...r-extinction-australian-officials/3997094002/

That was probably Cascade, a pretty nice beer. That animal on the bottle isn't a wolf, it's a Tasmanian Tiger - Thylacine- thought to be extinct since 1936.

View attachment 442914

The thing is, there are several credible sightings of the thylacine every year. Most of these occur in the rainforest remnants of NE Australia.

That's where we are. 😁

Yes, I've met people who have seen one.

People thought that Coelacanths were extinct too, until someone caught one...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...r-extinction-australian-officials/3997094002/
I think that's the beer, but that label looks a little different, however, it was around 1990-1993 when I would have had that, so the label would most likely be different...

What a pet that would make...lol - Related to the tasmanian devil, not a wolf relative at all....

https://www.britannica.com/animal/thylacine
Thylacine, (Thylacinus cynocephalus), also called marsupial wolf, Tasmanian tiger, or Tasmanian wolf, largest carnivorous marsupial of recent times, presumed extinct soon after the last captive individual died in 1936. A slender fox-faced animal that hunted at night for wallabies and birds, the thylacine was 100 to 130 cm (39 to 51 inches) long, including its 50- to 65-cm (20- to 26-inch) tail. Weight ranged from 15 to 30 kg (33 to 66 pounds), but about 25 kg (about 55 pounds) was average. The fur was yellowish brown, with 13 to 19 dark bars on the back and rump. The hind legs were longer than the forelegs, and the tail was very thick at the base, tapering evenly to a point. The skull was remarkably similar to that of a dog but had characteristics diagnostic of a marsupial. Other differences include a smaller braincase and jaws with an enormous, almost 90-degree gape. In a shallow pouch that opened rearward, the female carried two to four young at a time.

tiger-Tasmanian-marsupial-thylacine-wolf-island-Australia.jpg

Giving another Manhattan Project Beer Co. offering a try.

This would be great if you want an IPA on a hot day. Crisp and not terribly heavy. I’ll remember this one come summer, but still ok now with light food or maybe even a fried food as it would cut it well.

044F5602-5596-4B2E-AB0B-0B6CDCC78168.jpeg

BIL home after a 12 day trip to GA and back. Portland, Atlanta, Portland. (OR) He’s a Long Hauler.
We always have a couple shots of....when he gets back home.

Attachments

• 1168D4E9-E4D4-4552-B3E4-68CE0D27BD5A.jpeg
    1168D4E9-E4D4-4552-B3E4-68CE0D27BD5A.jpeg
    116.9 KB · Views: 6
One more from the locals, Wise Monkeys this time. This one is a a little too strong for me, I would be all over an 8% abv version. Still a couple more varieties from Manhattan Project Beer Co to be tried.

IMG_20201220_185834727.jpg

Back