Well someone got a great deal

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stealth6

insert witty tagline here
Reaction score
Figured I'd share the joy and the pain with the good folk of TRF.

I've been building up my inventory of motor hardware over the last few months - basically grabbing things when good deals come around. Some of these I don't really need right now as I'm not yet ready to launch them; it's more about planning for the future.

Lately though, I'm in a pretty tight financial bind and really can't justify spending money on things I don't absolutely need. So, in the last couple of weeks I've had to let a couple of good deals pass me by. Oh well....but last night was a doozy.

Late last night I had a look on E(vil)bay to see what might be around (I still check even though I likely won't be buying sometimes). And stumbled on this:
$(KGrHqR,!joE6J6lUy2NBOkmiCD9WQ~~_12.JPG

54/852-1706 in Desert Fire.

Sweet! The listing had just been posted so few people had likely seen it yet. And the kicker - the BuyItNow price was just $125. Yikes. Now, I DID have the actual cash in the account, so I COULD have technically bought them, but I REALLY couldn't afford it. Arrrrrrrrrg!! My resolve was being severely tested. When I checked back this morning it was gone.

So, the "pain" part is obvious. But the "joy"? - feeling good about sticking to my resolve and not spending cash I don't really have, or going into debt when I really shouldn't. I'd also get more joy knowing that some fine TRF person snagged them and got a smokin' deal. Anyone here?

side note - the listing was from Mark's (Stickershock) town, which is a pretty small place. Wonder if he knows who was selling?

happy skies to whoever won the auction, s6

Back