Weight Watcher Special

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick Lindsey

Reaction score
This is my recycled entry for the EMRR challenge this year. I call it the "Weight Watcher's Special"... It's made out of weight watcher fudgesicle sticks, the box those fudgesicles came in, and one stray popsicle stick from one of my kid's popsicles.

I used a BT-5 as a mandrel, so the mini-engine will need some tape on it to get it to fit right (ohwell). Unfortunately my son broke off one of the fins at the launch before I could fly it (he's only 3), but it will live to fly another day! (It's gotta fly if I want credit for the challenge!)

The profile, complete with dietary info...

WW_1.jpg

And the business end!

WW_2.jpg

I've got a recycled streamer, but left it at home when I went to the launch so I was going to use "draggy nosecone recovery". I'll probably add the streamer now that it needs repair anyways.

-Rick

The body tube, launch lug, and nosecone are all made out of just the box. The whole thing is assembled with wood glue. I added wood glue filets, but I neglected to sand down the shiny surface before gluing the fins on (thus the breakage in the field). I may break off all 3 fins and sand the tube and glue them back on, but then again, i'm lazy. I'll probably just sand down the spot where the one broke off and glue it back on (intact glue filets and all).

-Rick

being weight watchers it must be light, that will get some altitude :p

Who cares if it suffers from a lack of taste :p

It should still fly reasonably well ;)

Outstanding! Look forward to the article for the Challenge!

My wife's a lifetime member of Weight Watchers, and we both laugh that all these people going to WW meetings are actually going to the Warren Wattles fan club! :D (It's almost as much fun as when she used to live in Orlando, and we'd be driving around smirking at all the signs referring to WDW, which happens to be my full initials...)

But seriously, that's a pretty clever design, and good luck with the flights!

WW

Originally posted by wwattles
My wife's a lifetime member of Weight Watchers, and we both laugh that all these people going to WW meetings are actually going to the Warren Wattles fan club! :D (It's almost as much fun as when she used to live in Orlando, and we'd be driving around smirking at all the signs referring to WDW, which happens to be my full initials...)

But seriously, that's a pretty clever design, and good luck with the flights!

WW

Thanks! I'm 13 pounds along a 120 pound journey, but hope to someday join her in the ranks of lifetime members :).

And thanks everyone else for all the comments. Those fudgesicles are actually quite tasty, and hopefully they'll fly well too!

-Rick

Back