3D Printing weekly design challenge: Switch

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr wogz

Fly caster
Reaction score
OK, so this is my submission for the weekly design challenge: Switch. it's a switch mount & housing. An idea I've been toying with for a while now..

Basically, a thumb-wheel that actuates the slide switch. The idea should be able to scale up or down, depending. This particular development is meant for a 2.9" ID tube, and will use the E-Switch pn EG1201A (Digikey # EG1902-ND). it's a smaller switch [3/4" x 1/4"], screwed in with 4-40 screws or M2 or M3 screws. The thumb wheel is held in place with a pin, be it wood or a proper 'roll pin'.

It is inteded to be glued to eh inside of the tube, be it a BT or AV bay tube, and only requires a 3/8" x 1/8" slot to clear the actuating thumb wheel.

It could be further modified to fit two switches, and two thumb wheels.

It's 3/8" high and just over an inch long, and just over a 1/2" deep. The wheel is .6" dia.. The intent is that the thumb wheel sticks out just enough to be 'thumbed' either on or off. (Might have to move the wheel in or out, depending on how it's mounted; how many layers & tube wall thickness, etc..)

This is all speculation at this point, as I'm at work.. I have no switch, nor any tubes to work with..

enjoy!

swithc_3.jpg swithc_2.jpg swithc_1.jpg swithc_4.jpg

Back