Used scratchbuilt models....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Supercharged

Reaction score
Just curious to see if there was any market for a couple of used 29mm scratchbuilt models? Thanks.

Depends ...he says with a scale gleam in his eye. If these might be scale designs, than you would certainly pique my interest. 8)

Cheers,

They are not of any particular scale model design. One is a simple 2"x 53" paper tube model with 3 thru-wall mounted fins (birch pylwood), 3 seperate sections, bulkhead w/eyehook, balsa wood nose cone, payload section for altimeter and loadable ejection system, 29mm motor mount, 1/4" launch lugs, went 2400+ feet on a Aerotech G75 reload. Flight wgt. 26 oz.

The other is a 3"x 86" paper tube model that I tried to copy some designing from a AIM 120 Amraam with the use of a second set of fins on the upper model section. Features 2 sets of 3 thru-wall mounted fins(birch plywood), 3 seperate sections, bulkhead w/eyehook, LOC plastic nose cone, payload section for altimeter and L.E.S, 29 mm motor mount, 1/2" launch lugs, went 1100 feet on a Aerotech G75 reload. Flight wgt. 47 oz. Thanks.

Hi Mikey,

I'm not really sure yet, I was just trying to see if there usually is an interest in scratchbuilt models (of self design). Maybe I'll just throw them on the auction block along with the rest of the stuff. Thanks. Steve [email protected]

Well you sure have a lot of things for sale:)
Are you cleaning house or getting out of the hobby?
If it was up to me I'd be buying lots of it but my better half is getting a little bit upset here.
I've had like 3 deliveries in 4 days LOL
Mike

Hi Mike,

Well, I'm sort of doing both. I really enjoyed it when I had the time, but I haven't been in a few years and I just assume pass along some good stuff to someone who could use it. That's funny about the "better half" scenerio, I have the same problem with mine regarding another hobby of mine, one that's a whole lot more expensive too, drag racing. Thanks. Steve

Back