EVENT URRG August Launch and Picnic

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mdutch

Reaction score
AUGUST 2020
Dear Rocketeers-
On Saturday, August 22nd, URRG will be hosting our Annual Membership Picnic and Night Launch!
Picnic:
● URRG is excited to announce that “Area 315”, a local food truck, will be accepting PRE-ORDERS for dinner. The truck will be on the field and ready to serve by 5:30pm
● You can find menu choices within the August Launch Registration form (link below)
● Please place your order NO later than Monday, 8/17.
Cash Payment at truck
Click here: https://bit.ly/urrgaugust
Night Launch:
● The launch field will be open at approximately 8pm
● Night flights MUST have continued lighting
● Motors will be limited up to H-123 with a maximum altitude of 1,500 feet
● Please bring a headlamp or flashlight that uses a red light filter for recovery (tail light repair tape works great!)
GPS Rentals: NEW this year!
● URRG now has GPS trackers available to rent. Please see us at the registration table for rental agreements and fees
Please follow the links on the URRG website to register for the August launch and picnic. You will also find the guidelines for the night launch.
You MUST provide Tripoli / NAR membership, and a signed COVID policy to fly with us in August.
See you at the field!
URRG BOD

Fill out this form if you are attending

https://bit.ly/urrgaugust

Hi Everyone,

It was a pleasure seeing so many rocketry friends last Saturday at the Potter Launch after all of the hardships from the coronavirus. A hearty thanks out to all of the officers and volunteers that made the Launch so successful.

I have been purchasing high quality kits from Mike and Patty over at MAC Performance Rocketry for several years now. Mike has done some very nice custom projects for me too.

Mike can truly build museum quality rockets. I’m attaching pictures of Mike‘s Battlestar Galactic’s Viper Fighter that he flew at URRG’s Saturday Launch. Look at all of the custom details. The original shows art department staff would be envious.

All the best,
Bob

After waiting most of the summer to get back to flying, the Viper has finally made its maiden flight. It flew awesome and I look forward to flying it again before the season is over.

Attachments

• DSC_2950.jpg
    DSC_2950.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC_3002.jpg
    DSC_3002.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC_2952.jpg
    DSC_2952.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 14
That was an awesome two stage flight! Were you using the new Kate 2 with the pyro board or a Kate 1 with other electronics? was the second stage motor ignition front end or a normal rear ended ignition?

An absolutely awesome flight. You were so lucky to be able to retrieve both stages without ending up in the trees. 😊

That was an awesome two stage flight! Were you using the new Kate 2 with the pyro board or a Kate 1 with other electronics? was the second stage motor ignition front end or a normal rear ended ignition?

An absolutely awesome flight. You were so lucky to be able to retrieve both stages without ending up in the trees. 😊

Thanks for the compliments!
Kate 1 was onboard and a Raven was used to fire the sustainer, but I’m looking into the pyroboard for some high alt stuff in the future. The igniter was inserted through the bottom and mounted in place with the supplied nozzle cap and duct tape.
Yep, definitely got lucky on recovery, glad it didn’t end up in the middle of a pond like last August.

Here is a picture of the launch of Mike Crupe’s Viper.

Attachments

• E6696328-FD20-4B3C-8A44-DC8C5147E258.jpeg
    E6696328-FD20-4B3C-8A44-DC8C5147E258.jpeg
    118.8 KB · Views: 6
Back