URRF 9, still on?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skaffgeorge2

Reaction score
Considering the state of the Canadian wildfires with all the smoke goin around, has anyone heard if the event is still being held?As it is the smoke is hanging around in the valley down here in PA.We're about three hours away so I'm wondering.

It is still being held as far as I’m aware. Same here. We are 3 hours out as well. I’ll tag @Larry W incase he didn’t notice this post

Larry, what are your thoughts on this whole situation? Will the waiver be effected at all if the event is still on? We still are a few days out. Fingers crossed it’ll clear up soon…

It is still being held as far as I’m aware. Same here. We are 3 hours out as well. I’ll tag @Larry W incase he didn’t notice this post

Larry, what are your thoughts on this whole situation? Will the waiver be effected at all if the event is still on? We still are a few days out. Fingers crossed it’ll clear up soon…
Any news yet? Haven't heard anything to the contrary yet.Heard New York was really bad so I'm wondering.

The smoke should clear up somewhat by tomorrow and should be good for the rest of the weekend. What days are you planning on flying/attending? The launch is still on.

The smoke should clear up somewhat by tomorrow and should be good for the rest of the weekend. What days are you planning on flying/attending? The launch is still on.
Hey William, I was looking for you at URRF but I didn't find you.How was your trip? Things were good going up but coming back we ran into road work that slowed us down by about 45 minutes.Only had four low power flights but they all went up perfectly.Not bad for the first time out in about 45 years! Was a little nervous about it but turns out I had nothing to worry about.We're gonna be going up again in early September.

Hey William, I was looking for you at URRF but I didn't find you.How was your trip? Things were good going up but coming back we ran into road work that slowed us down by about 45 minutes.Only had four low power flights but they all went up perfectly.Not bad for the first time out in about 45 years! Was a little nervous about it but turns out I had nothing to worry about.We're gonna be going up again in early September.
Our trip was good going up and back. What way did you come up? Yeah that stinks.
Glad to hear you flew some stuff however!
Also, it's good to see you working your way back into the hobby.
We'll plan on seeing you at the September launch.

Our trip was good going up and back. What way did you come up? Yeah that stinks.
Glad to hear you flew some stuff however!
Also, it's good to see you working your way back into the hobby.
We'll plan on seeing you at the September launch.
Went up Rt. 6 through Tunkhannock way, very light traffic so it was pretty good.We stayed at the Flint Creek campground,about a half mile from the site, pretty convenient location.Put up my Estes Maxi Streak on a D12,got up there really good but got it back.Also my MPC Nike Patriot, MPC Flare Patriot and my little prize, My Cox HONEST JOHN.Flew beautifully, laser straight and and high.Seemed as if everything was boosting higher than expected, both the Flare and the Patriot landed a couple of hundred yards away in the main field.Chris Keller my traveling partner, flew his LOC Mystic Buzz twice, once on an I140 and an I280,really good both times.He was thinking about doing his L2 cert flight there but decided to wait.Really had fun, can't wait to go again.Already making plans for next year, possible Level 1attempt for then.

Back