• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Ukrainian R-360 Neptune 3D Printed Parts (Limited Run)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigMacDaddy

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I am trying an experiment (between jobs) and printing a limited run of 20 sets of the 3D printed parts for the Ukrainian R-360 that I designed.

I am selling these for $30 (they take 13+ hours to print) + $8 shipping USPS Mail in US48. If you want me to CNC mill fins from 1/16" plywood I can do that for $9 additional (12 fins w/ fin tabs included in same package) otherwise I will include templates.

You will get all the 3D printed parts to make the two-stage R-360 shown below (printed in white ABS plastic). The kit includes 24mm motor mounts as well as a 24mm to 18mm adapter (works in same length so you can adapt a 70mmx24mm down to 70mmx18mm). Set also includes rod lugs, 1010 rail lugs, and 20mm rail lugs. Lugs mount in slots on sustainer pod and on BT-80 tube so you can easily incorporate different rail lugs. You provide the BT-60 and BT-80 body tubes and short BT-50 stuffer tube for booster (designed to work with standard Estes tubes) as well as recovery system (booster is tumble recovery). Nose cone has tick marks on shoulder to make marking tubes easy and I will send build instructions / diagrams.
1659204848362.jpeg

Here is my built version launching (it went a bit further than expected so took a little while to find):

Here is the OpenRocket simulation (I will send the ORK with your order):
1659207822132.png

Here are the parts included (support removal, some cleanup, sanding, filling, etc... will be needed as is typical with 3D printed parts):
1659205728485.jpeg 1659206522349.png 1659206839966.png

These will be produced 1st come 1st served (I do not exactly have a printer farm over here, so it will take a little while to produce 20 sets). I prefer paypal (F&F if you feel that reputation here matters at all or G&S if you prefer). Message me and I will send my paypal information and I will send shipping tracking once shipped. I can also take checks by mail and maybe other forms of payment (message me). If there is good demand I will try to do the same with some of my other 3D printed rocket designs.

Sorry my finishing skills are not great -- I am sure many of you can make this much better looking (some nice variations for possible paint scheme out there).
1659205044904.jpeg 1659204194427.jpeg 1659205071865.jpeg
1659207273375.jpeg 1659207290220.jpeg

Last edited:
I think I'll be in. How much BT-60 is it? How did those thin booster fins do when you flew it? I guess papering them would be pretty easy.

Last edited:
I think I'll be in. How much BT-60 is it? How did those thin booster fins when you flew it? I guess papering them would be pretty easy.

Thanks!

BT-60 is 336mm
BT-80 is 53mm
BT-50 is 80mm (booster motor mount)

It flew well (windcocked a little or small wiggle till it got moving) - I did think that someone could make those rear fins 5mm wider if they wanted to move CP back a bit more.

I have been using this 2mm plywood for a while (it is actually around 1.85mm or so) and they are quite strong (even for large fins). You could paper this to make them stronger as well. The 3D printed angle brackets on the rear fins actually give them extra support. In my rush to build this late at night, I neglected to glue my brackets to the fins and just wicked in some glue after the fact (I probably needed to sand out the slots a bit better to get a better connection).

As far as finishing, I sand the plywood to round fins on all sides (bit more on front side) which also gets rid of splinters. I am going to make the fin tabs a little larger for the ones I am making than I made before. They also finish quite well.

Thanks everyone for the interest, messages, and support! Assuming all the payments come through I have 20 orders. If you are interested in this model please feel free to message me and I can see if I can produce some more at some time in the future (I will also add people to the list in case another order falls through).

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the interest, messages, and support! Assuming all the payments come through I have 20 orders. If you are interested in this model please feel free to message me and I can see if I can produce some more at some time in the future (I will also add people to the list in case another order falls through).
I'd like to get on the waiting list @BigMacDaddy !

I had the same thought. Is that a club pad? DIY? Purchase?

I built it from a work light support and some 3D printed parts + 20mmx20mmx2000mm rail and Makerbeam (10mmx10mmx1500mm).

Here are a couple more pictures:

1659349954347.jpeg 1659349969131.jpeg

I had a halogen work light like the one below and replacing the bulbs was as expensive as the whole light so I just used the vertical pole and tripod portion to make my launch setup (could do something similar with any strong vertical stand that has a good stable base -- bike repair stand, speaker stand, heavy camera tripod, cymbal stand, etc...):
1659350562778.png

Wow - what an exceptional kit. I will take one if anyone drops out or you start a new run. With thanks! Steve in Maine

5-6 more kits should be ready by tonight (couple of failed prints earlier in the week but got things resolved). I am going to drop as many as I can get done at USPS on Friday and will send tracking. I will send everyone messages if you are in that lot or if you will be set for shipping next week. Finally, I will message people who indicated they wanted a set but who's payment have not come through. Thanks for your patience as I get these produced and shipped.

Back