Two stage Midnight Express

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobH48

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of the Midnight Express... It has a lot of features, it's good looking, quick to build, has outstanding preformance, and best of all.... IT'S FREE !!!! :D

I have built, flown, and lost several of them already. ;)

I got some colored cardstock and I printed out the black & white version in two colors. I rolled a booster tube and upscaled the fins 135% for the booster and got a two stage Midnight Express.

oh, now THAT is mega-kewl :)

have you flown it yet? the ME really *scoots* on even an A motor... the smallest booster motor you will find is the B6-0...

this thing's gonna *scream*!

Make sure you are comfortable with the CG/CP relationship...

jim

have you flown it yet? the ME really *scoots* on even an A motor... the smallest booster motor you will find is the B6-0...

I haven't flown it yet.... It still needs to have the shock cord and streamer put in.

I plan on doing a swing test on it before trying it the first time. I made the booster fins bigger because of the weight in the back. I'll add extra clay if I have to.

I know it has "awsome" performance on an A motor, but I have 1 or 2 old A8-0's that I could try, staging to a 1/2A6-4 (I think I still have a couple of those). Otherwise an A8-5 in the upper stage.

If I don't have a chance to try it earlier, I'll put a B6-0 in the booster and bring it to the Fliskit's Anniversary CMASS launch on September 18th. ;)

Maybe if there are enough people, someone will find it. :D

Back