TV Show Theme Songs

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Somebody did a survey awhile back and found that more people know the words to "Gilligan's Island" than to "The Star Spangled Banner".
That's entirely appropriate, as "The Star Spangled Banner" is an objectively terrible song. "America the Beautiful," "God Bless America," or "Lift Every Voice and Sing" would be a far better national anthem. Hell, "Seven Nation Army" would be a better anthem than TSSB.

My favorite TV intro song is "Skip Intro." That's what the closed captioning says, anyway.

You can sing the theme to Gilligan's Island to the tune of 'House of the Rising Sun (and visa Versa)

Pretty neat , eh?!?! (Assuming you just tried it!)

Perfect lyrics for the show! Many did not like a theme w words?
My problem with the opening title to "Enterprise" was its American-Centric visuals. If you're going to be celebrating any "firsts" in space-exploration, Yuri Gagarin needs to be included, and instead we see Alan Shepard suiting up. Mr. Chekov would have objected.

Just started rewatching NYPD Blue on Tubi. One of many great themes by Mike Post. This one is very percussive.
This video has the opening theme three times with different credits as the series evolved and one closing credit theme.

I just watched the first episode of Green Acres on YouTube. TV shows had good theme songs back in the 60's. You knew what the show was about by just listening to the theme song. And they were catchy songs too.
I know the lyrics still from my youth to it. A season or two in they added the professor and Mary Ann. I know some others as well such as The Addams Family and spotty memories of a couple more. As for music I really enjoyed The Wild, Wild West intro and The Munsters was good. MTM and All in the Family which I believe was a song already written.

The producers of Enterprise hired a Dollar Store Rod Stewart to record the theme song.
Yeah Russell is no Rod, but he does have 14 studio albums and a couple of more live ones under his belt. I suspect it was more of a rights issue than anything

Back