Turnigy LiPo alternatives?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charles_McG

Ciderwright
Reaction score
I'm having a sad rocketry day. One of my eggFinder Minis appears to be dead - after an hour outside it hasn't even gotten a time off the constellation. And when I went to verify the frequency programming of my new Telemetry Module, I discovered I had left the Proton's lipo plugged in when I was last testing it. I've resuscitated mostly dead lipos in the past, but both cells are under 1V this time.

I'd already discovered that my preferred Turnigy nanotech 2S 300mAh 45-90C battery seems to have become unobtanium. Amazon shows me a lot of alternative brands. I'm eyeing the Spektrum as most similar.

Anyone have a preferred Lipo brand?

I'm having a sad rocketry day. One of my eggFinder Minis appears to be dead - after an hour outside it hasn't even gotten a time off the constellation. And when I went to verify the frequency programming of my new Telemetry Module, I discovered I had left the Proton's lipo plugged in when I was last testing it. I've resuscitated mostly dead lipos in the past, but both cells are under 1V this time.

I'd already discovered that my preferred Turnigy nanotech 2S 300mAh 45-90C battery seems to have become unobtanium. Amazon shows me a lot of alternative brands. I'm eyeing the Spektrum as most similar.

Stick 2 of these in series. https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-nano-tech-260mah-1s-45c-lipo-pack-w-jst-ph.html Cut the JST connector off the dead one and solder on.

Good Evening Charles;

They measure out slightly larger than the 45-90C, but how about these:

https://willynillies.com/buy-here/ols/products/turnigy-nano-tech-plus-300mah-2s-70c-lipo-pack
The picture -is- of the 45-90C. That looks like a good lead. Thanks.

I've used a couple different 240-300mah cells, and really like these. I did some testing through a Quantum, I think, and found that while the C rating doesn't matter for ematches, it makes a -big- difference on something like a first fire mini, or an estes pro series igniter.

It looks to me like that battery is currently available on Hobby King’s web site. $7.69 each.

Sorry just looked at link again, now says out of stock until mid June.

I have not had any issues with my Venoms.
I was using a little 2S 240mAh 30C Lipo what matched the ones in my son's park flyer. The Venom version would last a flight or two before a single cell failure. I went through 3-6 before finding the Turnigy.

It’s said that for a few weeks, at least.
Sorry. Hope you find a suitable substitute. FWIW Hobby King was out of the Turnigy 2S 300 mah 35-70 that I use for months. I kept checking back and it finally became available again in January, and I was able to order. Doesn’t help if you need them sooner though. Good luck.

+1 for Tattu. I've had great luck with their multi-battery packs on Amazon.

Lately I've taken to checking the Hobby King site about once a month... if I see some batteries I want, I grab them. I got some 460 mAH 2S Lipo's a few months back... they don't have any now.

Hobby King is now showing an ETA of late January for some Turnigy batteries that have been unavailable for some time, including 300 mAh 2s 35-70c.

Back