Trying to get through on a Llama and a hand gesture

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pem Tech

Notorious Member
Reaction score
As some of you may have noticed we have been absent from TRF for a bit.
It has been a rough couple of years even to the point of considering selling out. Then a member of the immediate family became ill so we started converting our attached garage into a ADA compliant apartment. To do this we had to purchase a new building to move our shops into. We were on a tight time schedule and ended up with a couple of amateur movers carrying the boxes to the shop after they were packed. They were given specific instructions on where certain material were supposed to go and what boxes/items were fragile. This is what I ended up with.
20211017_095510.jpg
It is a bloody nightmare. Crushed tubes, broken models, spilled boxes and on and on.... Look over to the left and you can see that the Bonestell even lost two ballz! Holiday orders are rolling in and I can't find 3/4 of what I need. When they installed the split heat/AC unit it got fried. (long story) The poor little window unit is the only thing fighting back the Arkansas heat and humidity.

The family member passed away before the construction was even close to being finished.
So we are all reeling from that. You just get up every day and keep moving.

However, I'll try to finish on an positive note. I landed a position with the State Public Health Lab as a chemist in the organic lab. (DREAM JOB) Since it is with the State my 19 years of seniority comes with me. WOO HOO! My mother moved back to Arkansas to be close to us after 22 years. And as far as the remodeled garage goes, we finally have a guest room.

As some of you may have noticed we have been absent from TRF for a bit.
It has been a rough couple of years even to the point of considering selling out. Then a member of the immediate family became ill so we started converting our attached garage into a ADA compliant apartment. To do this we had to purchase a new building to move our shops into. We were on a tight time schedule and ended up with a couple of amateur movers carrying the boxes to the shop after they were packed. They were given specific instructions on where certain material were supposed to go and what boxes/items were fragile. This is what I ended up with.
View attachment 486198
It is a bloody nightmare. Crushed tubes, broken models, spilled boxes and on and on.... Look over to the left and you can see that the Bonestell even lost two ballz! Holiday orders are rolling in and I can't find 3/4 of what I need. When they installed the split heat/AC unit it got fried. (long story) The poor little window unit is the only thing fighting back the Arkansas heat and humidity.

The family member passed away before the construction was even close to being finished.
So we are all reeling from that. You just get up every day and keep moving.

However, I'll try to finish on an positive note. I landed a position with the State Public Health Lab as a chemist in the organic lab. (DREAM JOB) Since it is with the State my 19 years of seniority comes with me. WOO HOO! My mother moved back to Arkansas to be close to us after 22 years. And as far as the remodeled garage goes, we finally have a guest room.
I’m sorry for your loss and the challenges associated with the move. I’m delighted for your new job!

Condolences, my friend.

We have been through similar over the last couple of years and moved my MIL into our home for terminal care. Unfortunately, we were the ones who provided the care as there were shortages of palliative care beds, nurses and doctors.

Well done on the new job, though.

Now get off your arse and clean up that room. It's a disgrace. 💩

Awesome on the new job, and condolences on the loss. Sic the ninja llamas on those movers!

Back