Trying to clone 3 minis Stingray, S.C.R.A.M., and Starseeker

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Greetings! It's the building season for me again with the onset of the snow. I was going through my list of things that I would like to build and remembered some small rockets that I used to fly back in the day. Stingray, S.C.R.A.M., and Starseeker used to come in a 3 pack together from Estes. I lost all 3 of mine years ago and thought it might be nice to rebuild them. I cloned an Estes Stinger last year after getting advice from the forum on where to look. I have already checked Ye Olde Rocket Plans as well as Semroc with no luck. Does anyone know of any other places to check?

Greetings! It's the building season for me again with the onset of the snow. I was going through my list of things that I would like to build and remembered some small rockets that I used to fly back in the day. Stingray, S.C.R.A.M., and Starseeker used to come in a 3 pack together from Estes. I lost all 3 of mine years ago and thought it might be nice to rebuild them. I cloned an Estes Stinger last year after getting advice from the forum on where to look. I have already checked Ye Olde Rocket Plans as well as Semroc with no luck. Does anyone know of any other places to check?

Your gonna want to go to www.spacemodeling.org/JimZ/est0866.htm

Looks like fun! I hope you'll post some pics once your done.

I have the decal drawn. I'll add them to my web site.

Mini tri pak.JPG

I'm doing a clone of the StingRay right now.

I'm going through a BT-5 phase -- just finished the Super Flea today.

They upscale great too!

I upscaled the SCRAM to a BT60 last summer and this winter I am working on building a 2x24mm clustered BT-80 version of the SCRAM...great flyer no matter the size!

Yes sir, more Mini Brutes! These three are on my list to clone as well. I am very much looking forward to seeing your builds. :)

Thanks bradycros, and thank you to everyone else for all your input and help. I'm not sure if I'm going to build them at actual size or upscale them. I'll be sure to post the build when I start. Hey sandman if I decide to upscale them to BT50 size can I get an enlarged set of decals from you?

Thanks bradycros, and thank you to everyone else for all your input and help. I'm not sure if I'm going to build them at actual size or upscale them. I'll be sure to post the build when I start. Hey sandman if I decide to upscale them to BT50 size can I get an enlarged set of decals from you?

Sure, easy!

Thanks sandman! I thought about a BT-20 upscale as well HammerZ2008. I decided to go with BT-50 because I already have all of the components for a BT-50 upscale.

Thanks sandman! I thought about a BT-20 upscale as well HammerZ2008. I decided to go with BT-50 because I already have all of the components for a BT-50 upscale.

The decals are finished. I'll try to get them up on my web site after diner.

I gotta eat!

Thanks! I see them on your site. How am I going to order the BT-50 size version though? I don't see them on your upscaled decals list.

Go to my web site and at the top of the page is a bunch of links.

Click on the one that says

Upscale and Downscale classic decals

Then scroll down to

Upscales based on the BT-50 body tube.

The fourth one down.;)

Back