Traveling Rocket thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It shouldn’t be too much trouble to recreate the google sheet. I believe anyone who has flown it has access.

It looks like there are a few flights missing.

I think would be neat to track the number of miles it’s traveled around the country. Simple as another column, and each flyer googles the distance from the last launch site.

An update on the Wanderer status. I am in possession of the Wanderer and will check her out completely for breaks and condition. Also research the possibility of covering the flat rate markings on the box and using LWH and weight to see if price can be reduced from $22.80 flat rate.
I need a true volunteer who is willing to take on the entire project of getting this going again. Please PM me if you are sincere.

I am not capable of doing this project myself.
This rocket has traveled many miles and has many more in her.

I am in possession of the Wanderer and will check her out completely for breaks and condition.
Should be good to go... It hasn't flown since I had to rebuild the broken fin and lose motor mount.

Unless there was "road rash" between then and now it should be as shown in post #664 & 669 in this thread.

Hey Folks.
My apologies again. I have been out of touch and almost out of rocketry altogether. Once this project gets rolling again and the new leader takes over, I will transfer ownership of the Google Sheet to that person. As it is right now anyone invited as an editor can, of course, edit the sheet. In the past some folks fooled around and messed up the formulas but I think we got it square. And anyone with a link can view all the pages and info, they just can't edit anything.

Here is the link again

Wanderer sheet

And, yes, it appears some data hasn't been logged.

I was glad to be a part of the project and hate that I don't have time to continue it.

Merry Christmas folks,
Mikey D

@Sooner Boomer currently has possession of the Wanderer. Good luck to him and all of you who will be participating.
I have passed on the torch.

@Sooner Boomer currently has possession of the Wanderer. Good luck to him and all of you who will be participating.
I have passed on the torch.
I've got the box. My intention is to fly it (The Wanderer) on Jan. 13th. then send it on. If I can't launch, I will ship it anyway.

PM me your address to get on the flight list.

How do we want to schedule who gets the rocket? Do we want to go first-come-first-serve? Or do we want to try to go in a "postal" path?
Last year there were 15 recorded flights. There were more names on the list, but there's no data for some names.
It would be really neat if the rocket could make it to Airfest, or other large rocket launch, and have a bunch of forum members get launches in.

There are two USB drives in the box. One is rocketry-related stuff, the other is flight information on the Wanderer. I moved all of the stuff over to a directory called 2023 to help reduce confusion. Current flight logs and comments should go in the "Hosts 2024" folder.

I'll see if I can find another flat rate box to pack the stuff in. This one's starting to fall apart. @rdrown had a great idea. Rather than shipping it flat rate, he wrapped it in paper, and sent it via "dimensional" postage. It's slower, but a lot cheaper.

Bump of this thread.

The rocket is still available if you're interested in flying it.

If we’re scrapping the queue, I can take it. I’m anxious to try again with a better packing technique after breaking it last time.

Address will be sent momentarily

I have it. I have been trying to fly it for a couple of months. We have been having unusually high winds for extended periods of time. The first time I had a chance to fly it I checked the FS and it worked at home but not in the field. Put a new battery in it. A couple of weeks later there was another low wind day and the same thing happened again. We have our monthly launch Saturday and it's going up with or without the FS. I'll send it to next person that wants to fly it next week.

Back