Torn Between Scylla and Charybdis

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Therefore, a last minute trip to Wildman’s was in order to collect parts in order to build a new rocket. We cut the parts and I got home in time to sleep for an hour before I was to spend 12 hours in a muddy pipe doing hard work. This rocket was completely built within the space of two days. Here are a couple pictures of the new fin can, it actually came out way better than the first one.

Tuesday morning was D-day as it was the day I was leaving for Black Rock. I still had quite a few things to do in order to get the rocket ready to fly, including cutting G10 with a Dremel in the Bruno’s bathroom for the altimeter bay sled. I picked my roommate up along the way in Iowa and we were on our way.

I recall last summer when I built my 4" MD and drove out to Argonia in the span of 4 days, you said I was crazy and you'd never be caught doing that:wink:

Burning the midnight oil adds excitement to it, that's for sure. Congrats again on the flight and kudos for sticking with it when faced with baseless criticism. See you at Airfest.

-Steve (who was up until 4am both nights this weekend working on a project for Airfest)

So if the test rocket was Scylla and the rocket that had cracked fillets was Charybdis...what is the name of the rocket that flew?

Manny congrats on your flight, really cool and I must say I dig the green and pink paint theme. Again thanks for posting a thorough thread!

Last edited:
YAAASS!
CCeGihh.gif

My friend Jason grew a playoffs beard for the Blackhawks (Go Kings Go! :p) and kept it around for his thesis defense, he ended up looking exactly like German rapper McFitty. To prevent that from happening again, if you don't shave that off soon, I will deploy an incriminating photo involving you, Tim's recliner, and some shaving cream ;)

Congrats again on the flight, man. One hell of a shot!

Oh Jeez, looks like it's going then...

I think this might be code for something ;)

Seriously though, great flight! That was one to be proud of for sure.

I think that says more about you then it does about me...

Thanks dude :)

So if the test rocket was Scylla and the rocket that had cracked fillets was Charybdis...what is the name of the rocket that flew?

Otis...

Adrian

Bingo!

Honestly, that was just my way of distinguishing between the two. I think I'm just calling the one with the cracked fillets "For Sale".

Manny congrats on your flight, really cool and I must say I dig the green and pink paint theme. Again thanks for posting a thorough thread!

Nice flight Manny. What kind of paint did you use?

I used this stuff:

IMG_1822.jpg

Wow it did a lot better than the time I did not post cure the VHT paint… But mine didn't get to sit out in the hot sun for a while ;)

Back