Tipping my hat to the Eggfinder Mini

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Troy3003

Reaction score
This weekend I flew my Competitor 4 at MWP. I run all Eggtimer electronics- Proton, Quantum, Eggfinder mini and the support hardware to go along with it. My flight hit 14983’. I had good service almost the whole flight up and back down with only a few short delayed packages. The flight landed about 3.7ish miles away even with a small X style 14” drogue.
We hopped into the car and started driving with my copilot CJ watching the LCD. The whole trip we could watch it count down the distance and use the arrows to plan our next turns. I did get lucky that it landed in the cut corn field, and not 30’ away in the tall corn. In the end I had about a 100’ walk from the car to recover. That made my day, almost as much as the flight itself.
A big thanks to Cris and his products. You made my day!
-Troy

That's awesome range you got on the Mini. I've only gotten really good long range GPS coordinates off my Eggfinders if the rocket found a high point, like in a tall tree! Still, I've made a number of recoveries using only the GPS....wouldn't have found the rockets without 'em.

Back