The World-Famous Eggtimer Rocketry Holiday Sale

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am assuming you are not billing us until you are ready to ship. No rush here Chris, thanks for all you do.

Mickey
This is an exception to our policy, we fill out of stock initially and reorder parts as we go. We've been building up stock ahead of time since early October, but most of them were gone by the middle of the second week of the sale. There's no way that we could order all the parts ahead of time... it's virtually impossible to anticipate the demand. For example, we sold over twice as many Protons as we expected to. We have two parts orders in transit right now, as soon as we get them we should be able to finish kitting and shipping the orders; we expect them all to be out by the week of Dec. 10th.

This is an exception to our policy, we fill out of stock initially and reorder parts as we go. We've been building up stock ahead of time since early October, but most of them were gone by the middle of the second week of the sale. There's no way that we could order all the parts ahead of time... it's virtually impossible to anticipate the demand. For example, we sold over twice as many Protons as we expected to. We have two parts orders in transit right now, as soon as we get them we should be able to finish kitting and shipping the orders; we expect them all to be out by the week of Dec. 10th.
And what I love about Eggtimer Rocketry, you cant ask for a more open, honest and friendly customer service. There are other just as great vendors but Cris is definitely in the top 5.

No problem Chris, always have patience with the great kits you deliver. I am glad sales were brisk for you

Where's my order?! :mad:
I'm kidding. Looking forward to building them over my Christmas holidays. After I replace a ceiling fan, patch drywall, replace some molding and few dozen other things. :(
Thanks for keeping us posted on whats going on.

Where's my order?! :mad:
I'm kidding. Looking forward to building them over my Christmas holidays. After I replace a ceiling fan, patch drywall, replace some molding and few dozen other things. :(
Thanks for keeping us posted on whats going on.

Cris put out a post earlier that he is waiting on some more parts to arrive and that he expects the current orders to ship by Dec. 10th, 2018. See Cris's response in post #25

Cris put out a post earlier that he is waiting on some more parts to arrive and that he expects the current orders to ship by Dec. 10th, 2018. See Cris's response in post #25

Uhmmm. I was kidding, hence me saying "I'm kidding". Attempt at a bit of light-hearted joking. Even went on to thank him for keeping us updated.
When I have questions for vendors I use email, failing that I send a PM. I don't flame vendors in the open forum...that helps no one. But thanks for setting me straight.;)
The frowny face was because I have a long list of to-dos before getting to rocket stuff.

Uhmmm. I was kidding, hence me saying "I'm kidding". Attempt at a bit of light-hearted joking. Even went on to thank him for keeping us updated.
When I have questions for vendors I use email, failing that I send a PM. I don't flame vendors in the open forum...that helps no one. But thanks for setting me straight.;)
The frowny face was because I have a long list of to-dos before getting to rocket stuff.

I know the feeling, sorry I missed the kidding part, so much to do so little time.

My order arrived today!

Now to find time for building stuff.

Of course, since our launches keep getting rained out my build pile is shrinking....

An update...

Just got the PC boards for all the altimeters, most of the rest of the parts are due tomorrow. Unfortunately, I'm still waiting on WiFi modules... they're due in "any day now", so if you have a Proton or a Quantum on your order it's going to be delayed. I have a SMALL number of WiFi modules on hand, so I'm going to fill orders that have been explicitly ordered as gifts first. If your order does not have a Proton or Quantum on it, it should be filled in the next few days.

Thanks for your patience and support... it's been totally crazy the past few weeks.

Cris Erving, Eggtimer Rocketry

Got my Proton and Quantum Monday. Itching to get started. This is gonna be fun. Thanks Cris.

An update...

Just got the PC boards for all the altimeters, most of the rest of the parts are due tomorrow. Unfortunately, I'm still waiting on WiFi modules... they're due in "any day now", so if you have a Proton or a Quantum on your order it's going to be delayed. I have a SMALL number of WiFi modules on hand, so I'm going to fill orders that have been explicitly ordered as gifts first. If your order does not have a Proton or Quantum on it, it should be filled in the next few days.

Thanks for your patience and support... it's been totally crazy the past few weeks.

Cris Erving, Eggtimer Rocketry

I still have a few kits to build from last year so no big deal. I use these as escape time from the in-laws.

I still have a few kits to build from last year so no big deal. I use these as escape time from the in-laws.

Ohh mannnn
did ya have to say that Mick ??
You're right,, this would have been perfect to bury my head in for the next week...
My in laws will be here in the morning..

Peace to the world...

Teddy

Just got my Eggtimer goods a few days ago. I told Cris to fill everyone else's orders first as I was in no hurry.

The last SMT electronic item I constructed was a Magnetic Apogee Detector, so I'm waaaay out of practice. If that describes you, you may want to order an SMT soldering practice board too (eBay, just $2 for a practice board that actually does something when connected to excess electrons). Also ordering some Kester 951 flux, just in case; the link below is the lowest-cost I could find.

(From the eBay listings it's clear that Google Translate thinks that welding and soldering are synonymous.)

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...0001&campid=5338413729&icep_item=232935855579

https://www.ebay.com/p/951-Solderin...m=382666289488&_trksid=p2047675.c100010.m2109

Best -- Terry
PS: it never fails to amaze me when I think of how far electronics have come in my lifetime. In 1972-3 I was a senior in high school, taking "Electronics and Power Mechanics". The major project was building a five-tube AM radio...

Just got my Eggtimer goods a few days ago. I told Cris to fill everyone else's orders first as I was in no hurry.

The last SMT electronic item I constructed was a Magnetic Apogee Detector, so I'm waaaay out of practice. If that describes you, you may want to order an SMT soldering practice board too (eBay, just $2 for a practice board that actually does something when connected to excess electrons). Also ordering some Kester 951 flux, just in case; the link below is the lowest-cost I could find.

(From the eBay listings it's clear that Google Translate thinks that welding and soldering are synonymous.)

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...0001&campid=5338413729&icep_item=232935855579

https://www.ebay.com/p/951-Soldering-Flux-Pen-Low-Solids-No-Clean-10ml-for-PCB-Solar-Cells-US/17026946544?iid=382666289488&_trkparms=aid=222007&algo=SIM.MBE&ao=1&asc=20131231084308&meid=8b21794cb0864f2cbb1d9e4402c57a5f&pid=100010&rk=1&rkt=12&sd=192293314759&itm=382666289488&_trksid=p2047675.c100010.m2109

Best -- Terry
PS: it never fails to amaze me when I think of how far electronics have come in my lifetime. In 1972-3 I was a senior in high school, taking "Electronics and Power Mechanics". The major project was building a five-tube AM radio...

In 1972 you were a senior in hi school prfesser ??

Lol..

Teddy

You probably didn't have any Protons or Quantums on the order... those have been in short supply. Unfortunately I'm still waiting for WiFi modules... I have three orders from three different vendors in transit, it looks like they're all going to show up next week. I have a few Protons on hand that I was holding onto for last minute "I NEED this for Christmas" requests, I'm going to start filling backorders with those since I probably can't get anything shipped in time for Christmas at this point.

Back