The Economy Is Doing Well.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well to be fair, it hasn't sold yet so we have yet to see if the economy is doing well or not.😄

I wish I could buy more modelling stuff but I can't keep up in building time. Collecting kits I don't have time to build is not what I want to do. 😕

Well to be fair, it hasn't sold yet so we have yet to see if the economy is doing well or not.😄

I wish I could buy more modelling stuff but I can't keep up in building time. Collecting kits I don't have time to build is not what I want to do.
There is a willingness to part with triple digit figures.

Hmph. 1/48 scale. Kiddy stuff.;)

Just scored this on eBay, $30 plus shipping. I couldn't resist.
View attachment 589865

Advertised as 1/48 scale but it's 1/32 just like the box says. 5" diameter.

An 8" Sonotube for the 3rd stage, slightly oversize 12" for 1st and second stages, and I'm in business!🤣
I have that kit as well, but was thinking of going museum quality on it! In that fellow's build (Vincent Meens, from France) he positioned a lone astronaut at the sextant. It reminded me of Michael Collins scribbling his message in the command module after they had landed.

Why in all that's holy didn't Revell/Monogram release the lunar module in the same scale?!?!

I have that kit as well, but was thinking of going museum quality on it! In that fellow's build (Vincent Meens, from France) he positioned a lone astronaut at the sextant. It reminded me of Michael Collins scribbling his message in the command module after they had landed.

Why in all that's holy didn't Revell/Monogram release the lunar module in the same scale?!?!
That's a good question. Inquiring minds want to know.

That's a good question. Inquiring minds want to know.
Well, the aforementioned Vincent Meens has put the 3D print files on Cult3D. Relatively inexpensive compared to Shapeways, but of course you must be able to print them. They're better than the commercial kits, though, really good details. But I need a printer!

It got 8 bids and up to $830, but didn't hit the reserve apparently...currently relisted and sitting a $511 after 3 bids, reserve not met...lol

Paying $1000 for a kit, even a really nice kit like that one, seems excessive. I've never built anything this big and I'm not even sure I'd want to, but that said, I'm a half-decent fabricator, I'm pretty sure I could make a flyable, fairly nice Saturn V that size if I wanted to, for a lot less money than that particular kit. If I start with the assumption that the service module is a piece of 4" tube, then the 3rd stage is 5.5" tube the rest of it is 8" tube. Not hard to aquire those pieces, and the rest is bits you can 3d print. Or if you're @lakeroadster, you make them all out of pieces of wood from your backyard.

Back