Ebay "INSANITY" . . .

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe not as crazy as that one, but this model (yes it is CURRENTLY out of stock but NOT out of production) can be bought at erockets for $34. They may have thought that this is a REAL one, but the one shown in the pic is the semroc remake of it. Or they just want to trick people. What do you think?
1688419288453.png

Maybe not as crazy as that one, but this model (yes it is CURRENTLY out of stock but NOT out of production) can be bought at erockets for $34. They may have thought that this is a REAL one, but the one shown in the pic is the semroc remake of it. Or they just want to trick people. What do you think?

I think that the Seller is "fishing" . . .

View attachment 590156

There have been many times E-Rockets was out of stock for certain Semroc Kits for a long time, and ones sold on ebay for more the list price.

I'm that guy no one hears about who actually reads the fine print and here's what I found in the description of the ad:

"I am the official model maker for FOR THE LOVE OF THE FORCE STAR WARS FAN CONVENTION I was commissioned to make all the models for the convention."

Look at his shop, he's a pro: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_dk...blrs=recall_filtering&_ssn=strattastic&_oac=1

Professional model makers for the movie industry get a lot of money for their product, and rightly so. As an example, Wētā Workshop in new Zealand make astounding models for the industry and command correspondingly high prices for their collectables.

https://www.wetaworkshop.com/projects-in-depth/i-am-mother-netflix-specialty-robot-suit/

https://www.wetanz.com/au/?___from_store=us&___store=au&uenc=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cud2V0YW56LmNvbS9hdS8,

View attachment 590156
The price, I suspect, is because it's numbered and in the single digits. I noticed those versions tend to be offered for a lot more.

A few years ago an Ebay seller had the Space X Falcon 9 and Fairing model rocket kits for the "bargain" price of $200 each. At that time, Ebay allowed you to review the product directly on the listing page (not the same as rating the seller after a purchase). I pointed out in a review comment that the same kit was still available for $29, directly from Space X. The comment somehow disappeared after a few days. I have observed a lot of people "fishing" with their listings, no matter what the product is. You simply have to understand what you are looking at, and understand what you are willing to pay. Ebay is certainly not going to stop this as they make a percentage of the sale. The Fleabay Wild West will continue until people get upset enough not to use it, a very unlikely outcome.
View attachment 590156

Back