That's a relief

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reed Goodwin

Reaction score
For those of you who are in high school, you will know what i mean. I just took the new SAT this morning and I took the Advanced Placement US History exam yesterday. I declare no more thinking for quite some time... whew. I think I did relatively good on the SAT, like maybe a 2000 or 2100. On the AP exam, I will be lucky to get a 4.
Reed

I can't wait until APs are over (at least for me) on Monday, with APC Physics. Last year I took the AP Latin Vergil exam, which is always in the afternoon of the Friday of the second week of exams... my other two were in the beginning of the first week. it delayed my pre-summer vacation too long :p

Good luck to everyone on APs and SATs!

AHhh! Another Latin scholar! How was the AP Virgil exam? I hear that class is excruciating!

Originally posted by rocketsonly
Neatness. What grade are you in?
I am a Junior.

I too am studying latin, though just for this year and not taking it any further because I have no room for it next year. I have packed my Senior year with AP Calc, AP Biology, Musical theatre, possibly AP English IV, though it might end up being Honors. Sounds fun, eh?
Reed

Yea, everyone here at my school is going crazy with schedules. All of the upcoming juniors (my class) are trying to jam pack their schedules with difficult classes that have the potential (and I do mean "potential) to look impressive. Many fail to realize the large difference in difficulty from sophomore to junior years (or so we have been told by teachers, upperschool headmaster, and college counselor).

Here's my schedule at the moment:

Trimester 1:
Honors Pre-cal
Honors Physics
AP Chemistry
Tragedy in Modern Dress (English)
Understanding Spetember 11 (History
Writing in the News (required to be part of our school newspaper)

Trimester 2:
Honors Pre-cal
Honors Physics
AP Chemistry
Modern Vision Poetry (Enlgish)
Cicero's Firt Oration Against Catiline (Latin)
Writing in the News
Industrial Sculpture (Fine Art)

Trimester 3:
Honors Pre-cal
Honors Physics
AP Chemistry
Nature and Uses: Language and Culture (English)
Roman Comedy and Satire (Latin)
Cultural Anthropology (History)
Writing in the News

Didnt they make the SAT and ACT obsolete? Last i heard a few weeks ago they made it so the scores of either tests wasnt any requirement to get in to any college. i may be wrong but iam sure thats what they discussed on the news.

I think that's just for the California state colleges, or maybe all colleges in California.

oh well i wasnt 100% sure. I think georgia doesnt require the sat or act anymore since it was on our news 3-4 days ago. But no matter i hate that test with a passion. Whats sad is you gotta pay to take it and keep paying if ya dont like your grade you made.I made pretty good scores on both but my best friend might complain about his,lol. I scored a 1390 on my sat which wasnt to bad.Act i rather not discuss :D

1390 is pretty good. Are you going to take the new SAT as well?

Yea, the fees for taking the SAT suck.

Here's my schedule at the moment:

Trimester 1:
Honors Pre-cal
Honors Physics
AP Chemistry
Tragedy in Modern Dress (English)
Understanding Spetember 11 (History
Writing in the News (required to be part of our school newspaper)

That must be some high school: an entire class on Ammonium Perchlorate chemistry...

Bill

I think that's just for the California state colleges, or maybe all colleges in California.

Haha, I wish... all the college admissions people I talked to grumbled about the new SAT, which they say was only created to keep the UC system happy. See, the UCs used to require you to take not only the SAT I but also the SAT II Writing exam. They must have felt that was a bit too much, so they decided to roll SAT II writing into the SAT I. Luckily, I averted that mess by one year... The ACT seems to be more of an East Coast school phenomenon, but both tests are most certainly still weighed in the admissions process.

And yes, the fees are horrible. $82 for an AP exam, I mean come on guys, how hard is it? College Board is an illegal money laundering operation :p

Reed, take the AP English Lit exam if you can... it's easy, and there's really no course you can take that will prepare you for it. It's just "here's some literature, write about it" and so you do.

(now some guys dressed in dark suits and wearing sunglasses are going to show up and arrest me for insulting the College Board...)

Originally posted by Bill
That must be some high school: an entire class on Ammonium Perchlorate chemistry...

Bill

Haha yea. Maybe he'll (the teacher) let us do some experiments with it, he's called me "rocketman" before, so I'm assuming he knows of my interest in rockets :)

Originally posted by Bill

Bill
That definitely would be a fun class. Another excuse for buying and flying rockets: "It's for school, I swear!"
Reed

Back