Thanks for the Southern Hospitality!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr Rocket

Reaction score
I was heading for vacation with the family on the South Carolina coast last Saturday, and found myself driving through Orangeburg, SC. Pretty soon I saw a sign for Super Sod Farm. Thinking to myself that it seemed to me a lot of the TRF posters frequently talk about launching at a sod farm in Orangeburg.

When I got to our destination, I looked up ROSCO and saw that they had a launch the next day. I knew I could not pass up the opportunity to be this close and not take advantage of the opportunity. So the next day I drove the 120 miles back to Orangeburg. As soon as I pulled in, I realized that I had parked right next to "CW Bullet", Chuck Haislip - (He really does look like his avatar). I introduced myself to Chuck and he introduced me to his lovely wife Bridgette and son, as well as 2 other TRF regulars. Jim Hendrickson and Eric Foster. Even met a few relocated Ohioans.

I just want to thank Chuck, Bridgette, Jim, Bill, Erik, Jim, John, Mark and everyone at ROSCO for welcoming this yankee rocketeer, and putting up with his newbie questions. It was an enjoyable afternoon and I wanted to let them know that their Southern hospitality was greatly appreciated.

Glad you had a good time. If you are from Akron, have you flown (or are you regularly flying) with MTMA in Aurora? I don't get there as often as I'd like but when I get out, that's where I'm heading. A good group and nice folks.

Glad you had a good time. If you are from Akron, have you flown (or are you regularly flying) with MTMA in Aurora? I don't get there as often as I'd like but when I get out, that's where I'm heading. A good group and nice folks.

John,

I have been to one MTMA launch, last Fall, and met a couple flyers there. I have been trying to get back this year but life has gotten in the way of the hobby.

I agree, it is a great group of people there. As is common in this hobby. It is amazing how a shared interest can generate quick friends. I have found that most are willing to share their knowledge because we are not competing against each other. Just the common enemy, gravity.

Hope to be able to catch you at a launch sometime!

It was great meeting you Bill! Your welcome back anytime!

Dave,

Great meeting you as well. You have a really great and active bunch, and I must say the field made me jealous. It is a wonderful place to fly.

I haven't been out to Orangeburg in a few years but they have always been a great group to fly with.

It was very nice meeting you. We welcome everyone to come out and fly.

Nice to meet you, Hope you can come back our way and fly with us!

Eric, The pleasure was all mine. :handshake:

It was great to get to meet you in person, and see your rockets up close. They are abZZolutely amaZZing! :point: Seriously brother, expect an order incoming within the next couple weeks. And please, let me know when you release the Lil Mizz Judy. It is on the top of my build list. That is a great little rocket (I got to see CW Bullet's).

Seriously, anyone who has not seen Badazz Rocketry's stuff owes it to themself to take a look. The designs are really unique, and I love the fact that everything you need to fly it is in the kit (except the epoxy and the motor).

It was very nice meeting you. We welcome everyone to come out and fly.

From now on, no vacations heading south will be planned without checking the ROSCO website first. And I will be bringing rockets next time.

It was great meeting you and your family!

Back