TemplateWidget strangeness

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StefanJ

Reaction score
TemplateWidget by 42nd Dimension is a wonderful little tool for printing fin alignment templates and shroud patterns.

Last month, while preparing for an upgrade, I did a super-heavy scan of my computer. The malware scanner spotted the executable as a problem. I figured it was a "false positive," but had Norton sweeper remove it anyway. I figured I would likely have to reinstall after upgrading to Windows 7.

Today I thought I'd get around to that. I downloaded TemplateWidget.exe. Or thought I did. Even theough the listing appeared in my downloads list, the file never appeared locally. I tried several times.

Now I'm feeling paranoid. Has anyone tried downloading the program lately? I have an email in to Matt, the designer, but thought I'd ask aroudn first.

Thanks

stefan

most likely it is in your 'Norton quarantine folder'. I've had Norton do that to me on a number of occasions...mostly when the program is used by only a few people, like for example the perfect flight software. you haul it out and tell Norton, don't do that again.
Rex

As Rex surmised, the file was in Norton's dungeon.

The security software was VERY suspicious of TemplateWidget.exe, not because of any code it contained but because it had no credentials or ID of any sort.

When I ran it, it worked fine, but showed its age in the appearance of its dialog boxes.

Still as useful as ever. I quickly generated the fin alignment templates I needed.

Back