TeleGPS

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am resurrecting this thread. This thread was originally for the TeleGPS. I am looking at the TeleMetrum V2 now. I am looking at the because it is an all in one altimeter and gps so it will help me save on space. Does the telemetrum v2 still use the same TeleBT and the same receiver antenna as the telegps does?

Yes, TeleBT works with all of our radio products and provides lots of in-flight data, including igniter continuity on the pad and lots of rocket-specific data during flight. Because TeleMetrum has a barometer and accelerometer, the data reported and recorded includes accurate speed and height information, even under high acceleration, which TeleGPS cannot provide. TeleMetrum v2 and TeleMega use a slightly higher power radio, so you'll have a bit more range.

Have you considered the TeleMega? It gives you vertical angle detection (probably other features too) if you want to do a two-stage build. Not sure what the price difference is these days. I have two.

I also feed the power supplies from my Ravens into the additional channels on the TeleMega to enable me to check them up to just before flight as well.

I want to use the TeleMega in the sustainer for the staging sequence. I already have the missile works rtx for the sustainer. All I need for the sustainer would be the telemega. I dont need the additional gps. As for the Booster I am looking at the telemetrum v2. That will save me space b/c it is a all in one unit with gps and altimeter.

Yes, TeleBT works with all of our radio products and provides lots of in-flight data, including igniter continuity on the pad and lots of rocket-specific data during flight. Because TeleMetrum has a barometer and accelerometer, the data reported and recorded includes accurate speed and height information, even under high acceleration, which TeleGPS cannot provide. TeleMetrum v2 and TeleMega use a slightly higher power radio, so you'll have a bit more range.

Thats good to know. I am taking a ham class in January. So hoping in the first qaurter of 2017 I will be able to purchase Altus metrum v2

TeleMega is $400.00 and the Telemetrum is $300.00. The TeleMetrum is out of stock at the moment and if the OP isn't going to be interested in staging would get lower up front cost. Kurt

So hoping in the first qaurter of 2017 I will be able to purchase Altus metrum v2

We'll have more TeleMetrum units by then; we're waiting for more accelerometer parts to arrive before we can build more.

TeleMini forecast?

The processor we used in the original TeleMini (TI CC1111) has been changed by TI when they shifted manufacturing facilities and doesn't work in that design. We're working on a new design, but don't know when that will be available for sale.

Back