TARC, world’s largest rocket contest, finalists revealed

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newsbot

News-o-matic
Reaction score
ARLINGTON, Virginia USA — AIA announced the nation's top 100 student rocketry teams that will compete in the final round of the Team America Rocketry Challenge (TARC). The finalists include teams from 30 states and the U.S. Virgin Islands who qualified after months of preparation from a field of 669 squads and thousands of students. The eighth annual TARC – the world's largest rocket contest – will take place Saturday, May 15, at Great Meadow in The Plains, Va. Qualifying teams of middle- and high-school students have the chance to earn $60,000 in scholarships and prizes. The TARC champion will also win the opportunity to compete internationally at an air show near London in July. The list of finalists is available at rocketcontest.org.

More...

ARLINGTON, Virginia USA — AIA announced the nation's top 100 student rocketry teams that will compete in the final round of the Team America Rocketry Challenge (TARC). The finalists include teams from 30 states and the U.S. Virgin Islands who qualified after months of preparation from a field of 669 squads and thousands of students. The eighth annual TARC – the world's largest rocket contest – will take place Saturday, May 15, at Great Meadow in The Plains, Va. Qualifying teams of middle- and high-school students have the chance to earn $60,000 in scholarships and prizes. The TARC champion will also win the opportunity to compete internationally at an air show near London in July. The list of finalists is available at rocketcontest.org.

More...

There's been alot less interest in this contest the ther side of the pond. I have 2 teams in the UKAYRoC competition, in the UK we don't have much more than 50 teams in the entire competition - don't know the exact numbers but its alot lower.

An I am proud to announce that for the 8th year in a row the Penn Manor school district from Millersville / Lancaster PA has qualified. Of the 6 teams from the High school and Middle Schools 4 teams are in the finals and the other 2 are the 2nd and 6th alternates. Good luck to all 100 finalists - see you in Virginia:)

There's been alot less interest in this contest the ther side of the pond. I have 2 teams in the UKAYRoC competition, in the UK we don't have much more than 50 teams in the entire competition - don't know the exact numbers but its alot lower.

64 teams are currently listed on www.ukayroc.org I am surprised to see that the UK finals are in late June - in past years they were before TARC here in the US and the UK winner came to the US for TARC

But it´s even a lot compared to France...

Let´s see we have far less personal resources here in Europe than in the US!

Congratulations are certainly in order for the teams that have gotten into the Finals! This yar's challenge was a lot tougher than in years past: streamer recovery of the payload and altimeter package, 825 feet altitude with no more than 80N impulse. Neither of my two teams were able to get it really well together, this year. Hopefully, we'll join y'all in Manassas next year!

Again, congrats!

Does anyone know the threshold for the qualifying score?

From Nartarc

The cutoff score for selection as one of the top 100 teams for 2010 was 29.6. The cutoff score to be one of the 20 alternates was 41.3.

Latest posts

Back