Started a new build last night.....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caheaton

Reaction score
Received my Red Maxi last weekend, any guesses what this is? LOL?

Actually when stowing the kits I was surprised at how big my stash of unbuilt inventory had become, so looked for some quick builds. I'm in need of another backyard rocket and this fits the need. šŸ™‚.

Anyone know who designed this? It's an interesting design. Wondering if it's design came from Estes feeling the warehouse has too many booster motors šŸ˜.

Attachments

• IMG_20230507_100002.jpg
    IMG_20230507_100002.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
Received my Red Maxi last weekend, any guesses what this is? LOL?

Actually when stowing the kits I was surprised at how big my stash of unbuilt inventory had become, so looked for some quick builds. I'm in need of another backyard rocket and this fits the need. šŸ™‚.

Anyone know who designed this? It's an interesting design. Wondering if it's design came from Estes feeling the warehouse has too many booster motors šŸ˜.
If it's a recent Estes kit (and it is) then it was designed by John Boren.

Hex-3. Fun little cheap kit! Easy to build and fly. Mine loses a leg on landing every so often, descent seems a hair too fast in thin high-elevation air. It's easy enough to fix. And as long as the legs stay on, it's quick to prep and fly again (no recovery system or wadding).

Back