• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold SR-71 Blackbird $53.95

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
noce! wish it had the original price, though! Thanks for bringing back a classic estes rocket

Already sold out it looks like. Very nice.
I had hear the reason Estes discontinued the kit was because Lockheed was requiring a licensing fee for all models of their products. It might be a good idea to rebrand this from SR-71 to something like "NASA eXperimental Plane", maybe knock the price down $5, then sell the decals separately for $5, etc.
Also, is this the same scale as the Estes? Would you be selling the paper shrouds separately?

Already sold out it looks like. Very nice.
I had hear the reason Estes discontinued the kit was because Lockheed was requiring a licensing fee for all models of their products. It might be a good idea to rebrand this from SR-71 to something like "NASA eXperimental Plane", maybe knock the price down $5, then sell the decals separately for $5, etc.
Also, is this the same scale as the Estes? Would you be selling the paper shrouds separately?
Thanks. More will be available soon.
Currently no parts are available separately. Perhaps in the future.
It's very very close to the same scale but uses 24mm motors

Very nice! Interesting that the nose looks more like the A-12's with an X-15 cockpit bubble. Any chance for upscales? :)

Nice looking rocket. Hope you post video. What motors are you using?
It flew this afternoon on a C6-3. No video from me, but I got some stills. I'll check tomorrow and see if a y are worth a hoot.

This thing doesn't usually fly quite straight. It flies, rolls, dips and spirals around like someone is flying the thing. But generally goes "up". The crowd seems to enjoy it.

It flew this afternoon on a C6-3. No video from me, but I got some stills. I'll check tomorrow and see if a y are worth a hoot.

This thing doesn't usually fly quite straight. It flies, rolls, dips and spirals around like someone is flying the thing. But generally goes "up". The crowd seems to enjoy it.
Yes it's heavy and prone to weathercocking. Mine uses 24mm motors.
It's Flys good on a 18mm c5 though

Attachments

• IMG_0301c.JPG
    IMG_0301c.JPG
    401.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0302c.JPG
    IMG_0302c.JPG
    274.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0305c.JPG
    IMG_0305c.JPG
    277.3 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back