** SPOILERS ** Avengers Endgame

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What about food production? With half the population gone, there wouldn't be extra food laying around for the snapped-back people to eat. If food was snapped back too, it seems like the snapper has to think of a lot of details, on Earth and around the universe...

Also housing. Water, heating fuel and electricity generation. Emergency services. Medical facilities and supplies. (Shall we go on?)

"Repeat to yourself 'It's just a show...'"

No, it's a good point; after five years, environmental and soil conditions will have improved (Thanos did have a point, if an evil twisted one) but stockpiles and production capability will have declined. But lets just say that the remaining Avengers all took some time (off camera) to brainstorm, Bruce just needed to have all that in his head, and the stones took care of it all. "Bring the people back and make everything right," while the meaning of "everything right" is in the back of his mind. Stock up canned and dehydrated food and bottled water, in biodegradable containers; rehabilitate dilapidated buildings, but with better insulation, energy efficient lighting, etc;, clean, renewable electricity generation; etc.

Also, we haven't had a chance to see the aftermath of snap 2. Maybe there is widespread starvation. And bodies rotting in the streets. But let's go with the first thing unless shown otherwise.

Yep I'm aware this isn't "the end" but it was a rewarding finale for the first major story arc. Moving onward I'm really looking forward to what they do with Thor and the Guardians, Dr. Strange, and everyone else that is still active. It'll be interesting to see if they repeat the same basic build-up with a new super-villain over the next ten years (Dr. Doom, Annihilus, etc.) or go in a completely new direction.

The new "Spider-Man: Far From Home" trailer has dialogue saying "the Snap opened a rift in the multiverse" so unless Mysterio is full of crap (possible) that opens up some intriguing (if potentially messy) story possibilities.
Dr. Strange was warned in his standalone movie not to violate the natural law, mainly time. Over and over. Rifts in the timeline, alternate realities, etc.
That opens the door to any hero from a multitude of other universes.

I agree that Captain Marvel was not satisfactorily integrated into the storyline. That seems like a missed opportunity.

I agree... they made such a big deal about her being the difference. "Last time, you didn't have me'". But she shows up late to the party, runs 50 yards, gets punched = lights out for the remainder of the film. WHAT?

Well, she took down the big ship with her enterance. But yeah, not nearly enough of her during this movie. And if there had been more it would have felt a stranger walking in and stealing the show, because we hadn't had enough chance to get to know before Endgame.

I saw "the LOST Avengers movie" the other day!

Well, TNT was running the first Avengers movie, so I set the DVR to record it. And I watched it begin...and.... WTF? I do not remember seeing ANY of this!!!! The scenes with Black Widow, Hawk, Black Widow recruiting Banner, NEVER SAW THAT before! Then a good way into the movie they get aboard the flying aircraft carrier, and I at least recognized that vehicle but not the scenes aboard. Sometime around the time Colson died, or right after, THEN it was all familiar, I HAD seen the rest.

I don't go to movies very often. I figure I'll catch them on Cable, and look each week to see what's going to be on HBO, Showtime, etc (Gonna catch Bohemian Rhapsody on HBO Saturday night). But many of these Marvel movies were showing up on some other premium cable channel, I guess.

I THINK what happened is I ran across The Avengers being shown on FX, halfway thru. I had meant to catch it from the beginning the next time they showed it, but they didn't repeat it that week and I forgot to look for it later. I have seen several of the other movies in theaters, Iron Man 2 and 3, Guardians, and the other Avengers movies, plus Black Panther. Never saw the Hulk movie, didn't see the Thor movies, or Doctor Strange. Caught Ant-Man on cable, but not the sequel (yet). This year, I did see Captain Marvel in the theater, and made a point to see Thor Ragnarok online before End Game came out. Recently TNT was running a number of Marvel universe movies, so I decided to record Doctor Strange.

But also saw they were showing The Avengers, so I decided to record it to see it "again". Except pretty much the first half was new to me. Sure glad I finally got to see the whole thing.

Last edited:
What about food production? With half the population gone, there wouldn't be extra food laying around for the snapped-back people to eat. If food was snapped back too, it seems like the snapper has to think of a lot of details, on Earth and around the universe...
Caught this one late. My take on it is that when the people were "snapped back", it wasn't like they really were gone for 5 years. That if a person has god-like powers, the wish should not be "bring everyone that's been gone BACK", it would be "UNDO the original snap so they were never gone to begin with" (Banner indeed would have thought VERY carefully about this). Imagine the psychological damage to everyone who had died, coming back after 5 years, trying to deal with the nightmare way they saw themselves disintegrating, then instantly being back 5 years later, trying to adjust (with many of their family members probably having MOVED since then). A bit like what Ant-Man went thru after being stuck in time for 5 years, times a few billion on earth alone.

Of course one can quibble with the timeline effect and all that if the people were never gone, as a result, but it's a neater solution (there can't be a 100% neat solution, since even "restore everything to 5 years ago" means history would have gone differently for everyone on Earth in those 5 years, none of the grief and gloom and such).

And the Avengers still remembering the deaths after they were brought back is not necessarily a conflict to the idea people were brought back as though they never left (Star Trek would technobabble an excuse for that since the Avengers time traveled, they remembered the original timeline. Same as early in "First Contact" when the Borg went into the past to change Earth's history to turn it into a Borg world, but the crew of the Enterprise were not affected because they were still in a Tachyon field. Does not have to be a real thing, just "Hey, here's a sci-fi reason - believe this like you believe warp drive and transporters in this show").

Or if that doesn't do it, the snap also took care of the infrastructure being maintained. Which sounds like a lot, but not a lot to THINK about with such universal power. Any more than the snap involved THINKING of the 50% of all of the trillions and trillions of people/creatures in the universe would die, selecting one-by-one on an individual basis.

And oh yeah: Science-fiction bubble gum comic book movie series with extremely advanced or impossible technology, super powers, mystical/magic powers, aliens, god-like power stones, and a walking tree that only says three words (well, two other words in a three-word sentence, once).
tumblr_ne2gw5blue1qbjttio6_250.gif

That's explicitly ruled out by a few things. First, Tony stated it as a condition for his cooperation. He and Pepper had been married and they had a daughter; he said to (Bruce was it?) that that he'd be willing to go along with bringing everyone back, but not with undoing those five years. Of course, yeah, the un-snapper could have betrayed that promise.

Peter did remember disappearing and suddenly being back except it's five years later. Tony and Pepper's daughter were at the funeral, and the kid from Iron Man 3 was there and older.

So yes, the un-snapper could have taken care of the infrastructure, food supplies, and production capability, but it's shown that he did not "make it all didn't happen".

Back