Special invitation to Southern Thunder 2006

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

mc2rocket

To all rocketeers near & far -

The Music City Missile Club (MC2 #589) & the Huntsville Area Rocketry Association (HARA #403) would like to invite you to the South's premier sport launch, Southern Thunder 2006! YOU DO NOT WANT TO MISS THIS ONE!!! June the 3rd and 4th.

Located on a one-square mile patch of beautiful green turf 80 miles SE of Nashville TN, Southern Thunder 2006 offers these great events & features over two days:

-Ground support for 1/4A to M impulse, including Hypertek & hybrid-rocket GSE!
-Plenty of pads to keep the air full of rockets!
-Waiver to 14K AGL; with a 2-hour window from 10:00am - 12 Noon on both days to 20K AGL! The altitude record at the
Manchester field is just under 14K - see if you can beat it & be the new recordholder!
-SEVEN onsite vendors, including Al's Hobby Shop & Giant Leap Rocketry!
-Level 1-2-3 high-power certifications! (I hope you L3-hopefuls have contacted us by now!)
-NAR Sanctioned Competitions: B-Parachute Duration, C-Eggloft Duration, and Drag Racing! A limited number of contestants will
be able to participate, so contact our own John Hudson at [email protected] to sign up & get more info! Prizes will be awarded as well as NAR Competition points!
-Super cool Southern Thunder 2006 full-color T-shirts & embroidered golf shirts!
-The "Rocket Grill" serving hot & juicy grilled rocketburgers, rocketdogs, & ice cold drinks!
-2 big raffles for some really cool rocket goodies!
-PortAPotties!

Directions, Registration information, how to be a Southern Thunder 2006 volunteer & lots more info can be found on the official Southern Thunder 2006 website: https://www.hararocketry.org/st2006/index.html

I'll see you at Southern Thunder 2006! COME LAUNCH ROCKETS WITH US!!!!!

Jason Yount #73202 Level 2
Advisor, Music City Missile Club
MC2 - Section #589 of the NAR
Nashville Tennessee

You will see the huge ORBITAL COYOTE take to the sky on Sunday the 4th.

:D

Tomorrow is a new day! It's still "HAPPENING"!!!! If you have no better plans and have the means to get here it'd be well worth the trip! Young and "Old" <---(like myself),NAR or TRA...Or just curious!,North-South,East or West of here!!! I PROMISE you a good time! Gonna be alot of AP burnt in hours! And a good SUM of Black Powder!!!! (But I pray no more of my skin...BRING SUN-BLOCK!!!...I cannot stress this enough... :D

HAVE'N a BLAST @ ST2006... Even got the T-Shirt!!!! ;)

Mike aka "Larry the LOBSTER":rolleyes:

that K250 today was a very cool flight! was it ever found?

nobody could have BETTER plans for tomorrow than ST2006!

not sure on the K,
but the field record was broken twice, it's somewhere around 15,000' now.

yeah, I'm burnt too !

Back