Spark Fun Electronics?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Rex R

LV2
Reaction score
anyone do business with sparkfun electronics? just placed an order with them for some connectors, and was wondering how fast they were about shipping. thanks,
Rex

djs

Reaction score
Very fast.. I would order from them again

Rex R

LV2
Reaction score
ah, that's good to know. thanks. I ordered some 'JST Jumper' connectors(3 wire) to connect to my altimeters.
Rex

Kallahan11

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I've done a bit of business via Sparkfun, they are very good.

mpitfield

Staff member
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Global Mod
Reaction score
I ordered some screw terminals from them last year, on a Monday at 10:30PM, and the items were ready to be shipped by 3AM on the Tuesday.

Len B

Old Member
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
+1 here too. No complaints. I'll order from them again.

Xrain

Reaction score
For some components that they are reselling from wholesalers, they are a bit more expensive. But, they are a fantastic company to do business with.

Their breakout boards are really where they shine, really nice to get components with everything it needs ready to go. They also have a lot of good tutorials, and all of their stuff is open source. So if you do use their breakout boards you can easily incorporate it into a design later.

cerving

Owner, Eggtimer Rocketry
TRF Sponsor
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
For some components that they are reselling from wholesalers, they are a bit more expensive. But, they are a fantastic company to do business with.

Their breakout boards are really where they shine, really nice to get components with everything it needs ready to go. They also have a lot of good tutorials, and all of their stuff is open source. So if you do use their breakout boards you can easily incorporate it into a design later.
+1. Very high quality breakouts, albeit a bit expensive. Great support, and their Eagle libraries alone (free!) are worth spending some coin with them. Also in that category is Adafruit... can't go wrong with either one of them.

Rex R

LV2
Reaction score
reasonably fast, I went with standard shipping with 1st class mail. they shipped on Tuesday and the package arrived on Thursday. I now have two unused 'jst jumpers' in my hobby electronics box o parts :).
Rex