Spark Fun Electronics?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rex R

LV2
Reaction score
anyone do business with sparkfun electronics? just placed an order with them for some connectors, and was wondering how fast they were about shipping. thanks,
Rex

ah, that's good to know. thanks. I ordered some 'JST Jumper' connectors(3 wire) to connect to my altimeters.
Rex

For some components that they are reselling from wholesalers, they are a bit more expensive. But, they are a fantastic company to do business with.

Their breakout boards are really where they shine, really nice to get components with everything it needs ready to go. They also have a lot of good tutorials, and all of their stuff is open source. So if you do use their breakout boards you can easily incorporate it into a design later.

For some components that they are reselling from wholesalers, they are a bit more expensive. But, they are a fantastic company to do business with.

Their breakout boards are really where they shine, really nice to get components with everything it needs ready to go. They also have a lot of good tutorials, and all of their stuff is open source. So if you do use their breakout boards you can easily incorporate it into a design later.

+1. Very high quality breakouts, albeit a bit expensive. Great support, and their Eagle libraries alone (free!) are worth spending some coin with them. Also in that category is Adafruit... can't go wrong with either one of them.

reasonably fast, I went with standard shipping with 1st class mail. they shipped on Tuesday and the package arrived on Thursday. I now have two unused 'jst jumpers' in my hobby electronics box o parts :).
Rex

Back