sourcing a MissleWorks RTx/RRC3 Bluetooth Master Module or USB dongle

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AcadiaRockets

Unprofessional Rocketeer
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I went both feet on an RRC3 the LCD screen and all the bits and pieces eyes wide open Missile works was sold out of the BT module and dongle. I bought them from two other sources - ok thats fine.
Now BOTH sources for bt modules and dongles canceled the orders and I have gotten the altimeter and pieces but no way to retrieve data. ( I know, I know, supply chain)
So two things - please don't advertise you have it if you don't have it and also not have a phone number to contact to do due diligence in checking on that.
And does anyone have any secret stashes of either of these two pieces?
Thanks.

hmmm, maybe. As my Radio Shack is closed and I mourn that every day. What is the ribbon plug? Can amazon come to the rescue on that one? thanks!
Yes, I bought a kit to make my own. I’ll look it up in my past orders.
Also, the HM11 Bluetooth module is compatible with BT 4, which is what Apple requires for their devices. I bought a few of them to play with but saw a squirrel.

This is the Bluetooth module used with the RRC3. It's an HC-06.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VL6ZH67/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1
It's "classic" Bluetooth. That's what is used with the mDACS software.

Maybe the BLE works? Never tried it.

The picture shows the HC-06 I purchased on Amazon. Works fine.

View attachment 517052

^-- This!

I've also purchased these HC-06 modules on Amazon and they work perfectly. Honestly, I'm pretty sure this is what you're getting when purchasing from missileworks. Those aren't a custom creation by them, it's a commercial off-the-shelf bluetooth device.

The HC-05 also works (I've used it). You just have to ignore the extra pin on each end. Plug to the middle 4 just like on the HC-06 and you're good to go. No real reason to order HC-05 though since HC-06 is easily available from many sellers on Amazon... but just in case you had one lying around. :)

Back