Some of my GHS 2009 Flight Pics

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Cheapo

Reaction score
Wow...what a great two days of flying rockets, camping out & hangin' out w/good people. I think there was a touch over 400 flights between Saturday, Saturday night & Sunday. Complete slideshow can be seen HERE

Aerotech Initiator G71-7 great boost, broken swivel on recovery. Popped fin on landing, fixed to fly on G33-7, good flight, no pic

_MG_8433.jpg

Canadian Arrow D12-3

_MG_8516.jpg

_MG_8519.jpg

Estes Mean Machine Drag Race (1st Flight) F25-7 -- Mine was the only one that launched

_MG_8628.jpg

_MG_8635.jpg

Nekid 2x Upscale Fliskits Caution Rocket (1st Flight) D12-3

_MG_8662.jpg

_MG_8672.jpg

_MG_8677.jpg

Last edited:
Estes Gaurdian (1st Flight) B4-4 nice whistle

_MG_8714.jpg

_MG_8741.jpg

_MG_8744.jpg

Let the Caution Rocket Rip on a F39-9 -- Great Flight -- dinged corner of one fin on landing, easy fix or fly as is.

_MG_8796.jpg

_MG_8800.jpg

SM-3 Seahawk on a F25-7 but no flight pic. Great motor for this rocket.

_MG_8872.jpg

Canadian Arrow into the wind on an E9-4 (cracked fin on landing :( but repairable

_MG_8885.jpg

I also launched my Stormcaster on a D12-5, Good Flight no pic, as well as BT5 Cardstock Starship Vega A10-3T (very windy, tried nose blow only broke pod on landing retired)

Last edited:
hard to make up my mind on this one, which is better: the quality of your rockets, or the quality of the picutes - there are both fantastic - looks like a good few days were had.

Thanks for the compliments. I can't take credit for the photos. They were taken on a Canon EOS 20D which was set up by "AEROMOE". It was literally impossible to take a lousey shot.

Here's a fun picture TastyChicken sent taken by his girlfriend our resident super-phototagropher, Joyce Chan. El Cheapo (left) and Geoffrey Kerbel (right)

The spectacular cato was taken by yours truly

DuelatDawnCredit.jpg

_MG_8751r.jpg

Great pictures of a fun launch. It was nice to have calm launch conditions and pleasant temperatures. There was a very good night launch this year. I flew my usual high power rocket and there were several interesting designs flown. The modified Decaffeinator was a very good night launch design (slow up and slow down and very visible). The last flight of the event was a test of a half scale Patriot that the Arizona Rocket Team will be launching at Plaster Blaster as part of a Patriot battery.

:DTerry, the big Patriot...errrr, mystery rocket, is one I didn't get any shots of. Honestly, I didn't even see the flight. I was busy prepping an F24-7 motor for my SM-3 SeaHawk, which was the last flight. BTW, that was a perfect motor and delay for that rocket.

Jeff & Pat Shields Decaffinator
_MG_8602.jpg

_MG_8604.jpg

_MG_8607.jpg

Bit of a tangle but all was well

_MG_8611.jpg

Last edited:
Here are some other interesting launches or just awesome shots.

Geoffrey Kerbel's three-stage D12 CD Spool
_MG_8484.jpg

AeroMoe's "Mighty Moe"

_MG_8498.jpg

TastyChicken's Endeavour on a J250

_MG_8522.jpg

Rick McGee's Kegerator, Flown by Me on an I450

_MG_8583.jpg

Gerald Meux' gorgeous V2 on K700

_MG_8596.jpg

AeroMoe's Hob Goblin H128

_MG_8685.jpg

Geoffrey Kerbel's Goin' Postal F24

_MG_8703.jpg

Last edited:
Ouch

_MG_8751.jpg

This was a lucky shot

_MG_8780.jpg

Donald James Superfalous

_MG_8821.jpg

Karen McGee's 3D puzzle
_MG_8857.jpg

Awesome!! Looks like a good time.
Thank you for taking the time to post the pics.
Love Gerald's V2!!

Back