Snitches and an Executioner

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocwizard

Reaction score
Today, I visited a new hobbyshop in my area and found that they had some good deals, so of course I had to spend a little money. First, I picked up 2 Estes Snitches for $3.99 a pop! I followed that up by grabbing an Executioner with a two pack of BT-80 for an extension. My plans for the Snitches are to fly 'em stock for a few flights, followed by me putting in 29mm mounts in both and then equipping them for two stage. I hope to stage with a G-80 to a G-40 or G-35. As for the Executioner, I must say that I am impressed. The fins were 1/8" ply, and all I was expecting was the regular balsa. I plan to build it with 5-minute epoxy to make it handle an F21. More details to come...

Add a section of BT80 to the Executioner, 14 more inches makes for a very impressive machine!

Haven't flown it yet, but you get the idea. I built mine with 24mm motor tube from Loc to prevent burn through on composites. Also, make sure to replace the recovery system. I put tubular kevlar wrapped around my motor tube up through the top CR out the top end of the rocket, and will attach it to elastic on the nose cone with a quick link. Also allows me to use a nomex heat shield on more than one rocket that way. Gotta love rocketry on a budget! ;)

Mark

Back