Smallest Altimeter for a 13mm Body Tube

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, those are the two that will fit - FS Comp and Adrel ALT-BMP (AKA North Coast MaxAlt). In the Adrel's case the li-poly cell sold to power it is really the tube size constraint. FS Comp will fit in BT-4. In this image, Adrel in upper left, FS Comp in lower right. The others are FS Mini (upper right), Altus Metrum MicroPeak (lower left), and PerfectFlite Firefly (lower center). None of those three will fit easily in BT-5 (13mm) tubes.

IMG_5348.jpg

Yup, those are the two that will fit - FS Comp and Adrel ALT-BMP (AKA North Coast MaxAlt). In the Adrel's case the li-poly cell sold to power it is really the tube size constraint. FS Comp will fit in BT-4. In this image, Adrel in upper left, FS Comp in lower right. The others are FS Mini (upper right), Altus Metrum MicroPeak (lower left), and PerfectFlite Firefly (lower center). None of those three will fit easily in BT-5 (13mm) tubes.

View attachment 521102
Thanks for the visual help Bernard! I didn't know there were so many to chose from!

Are there any NAR competition-certified altimeters, for 13mm tubes, with deployment ?

Dave F.
Just bought the North Coast MaxAlt. Fits the 13mm body tube easily and is known as the smallest altimeter on the market. It’s verified and used in competitions for the NAR to my knowledge. I’ll be using it at NARAM-63 this year. Hope that helps!

Are there any NAR competition-certified altimeters, for 13mm tubes, with deployment ?

Dave F.
7502DD93-B9D9-4CC7-8380-B7557A8BB0FA.jpeg
Just bought the North Coast MaxAlt. Fits the 13mm body tube easily and is known as the smallest altimeter on the market. It’s verified and used in competitions for the NAR to my knowledge. I’ll be using it at NARAM-63 this year. Hope that helps!
MaxAlt is no longer the smallest. The FS Comp is. See the image in my post #6 above. FS Comps were used quite a bit at NARAM last year. However, (sadly) the MaxAlt might be the smallest one you can actually get right now, thanks to supply chain madness…..

View attachment 521639

MaxAlt is no longer the smallest. The FS Comp is. See the image in my post #6 above. FS Comps were used quite a bit at NARAM last year. However, (sadly) the MaxAlt might be the smallest one you can actually get right now, thanks to supply chain madness…..
My apologies on the mixup. I ordered the FS comp. It is indeed the tiniest one on the market.

Back