MMX Vendors?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone is aware of active vendors for MMX kits and supplies. Here are the one I know about:
eRockets - Semroc MMX kits, body tubes, centering rings, nosecones, motors, etc.
RocketShip Games - MMX kits, PLA nosecones, motors (out of stock of most things at the moment)
FlisKits - MMX kits
Ollie-OOP Rocketry - MMX kits (and some nice 13mm kits as well)
Aerospace Specialty Products - Scale MMX kits (and 13mm ones), motors. MMX kits are all BT-2 based.
Balsa Machining - V-2 nose/tailcone for 10.5mm, BT-5 nosecones, airframes, centering rings, etc

Anyone else?

New Way Space Models did have a bunch of cool MMX kits, though they're seemingly not available through eRockets anymore.

New Way Space Models did have a bunch of cool MMX kits, though they're seemingly not available through eRockets anymore.
Yes, they had a couple of square kits that were 3D printed: a square version of the A-20 Demon called the N-20 and one that looked like 2x4 lumber (forgot the name)/. I have both, and have built the N-20 Demon. It's a nice looking rocket. The only thing round on them is the motor tube that is glued in the aft end. I do wish Randall and Luke made more MMX kits-they have neat kit ideas. Several of their model rocket kits would make great MMX downscales.

... from Belleville ...

How was the experience? I have tried to order from there a couple times, and once I did a small order, and the shipping seemed way too high for such a small order so I waited until I was doing a big order, and once I got it all in my cart the shipping was astronomical. The website prices are great, but it's difficult to see until the very end what the total cost of the delivered order is going to be.

Yes, they had a couple of square kits that were 3D printed: a square version of the A-20 Demon called the N-20 and one that looked like 2x4 lumber (forgot the name)/. I have both, and have built the N-20 Demon. It's a nice looking rocket. The only thing round on them is the motor tube that is glued in the aft end. I do wish Randall and Luke made more MMX kits-they have neat kit ideas. Several of their model rocket kits would make great MMX downscales.
The N-20 Demon flies surprisingly well! I built one for our club’s annual “March MicroMaxx Madness” launch.

Who is BIC? I thought they sold pens.
You're thinking of the right BIC. Apparently, you don't recognize MMX motor mount tubes when you see them. ;-p

I just checked a BIC pen, and the ID of the tube is a slightly sloppy on a 1/4 inch drill bit. So it's probably just right for MMX, at least if the figures I've seen are correct (6.5 mm). I'm too lazy to go out in the garage and see if any of the MMX motors survived the roof leaks.

Come to think of it, the older style is just begging for 6 fins. However, I don't know if the ID is the same. A guy I knew said he used to make rockets out of them using very small firecrackers, somehow. Probably not a thing to try unless one knows a safe way to keep a firecracker from exploding. And firecrackers may have been different back then.

You're thinking of the right BIC. Apparently, you don't recognize MMX motor mount tubes when you see them. ;-p

I just checked a BIC pen, and the ID of the tube is a slightly sloppy on a 1/4 inch drill bit. So it's probably just right for MMX, at least if the figures I've seen are correct (6.5 mm). I'm too lazy to go out in the garage and see if any of the MMX motors survived the roof leaks.

Come to think of it, the older style is just begging for 6 fins. However, I don't know if the ID is the same. A guy I knew said he used to make rockets out of them using very small firecrackers, somehow. Probably not a thing to try unless one knows a safe way to keep a firecracker from exploding. And firecrackers may have been different back then.
You don't say.
Here's my Applewhite Bic pen rocket from several years ago.
1712422063103.png

The "strange looking nose cones" (plural) part threw me off.

Last edited:
I have seen thousands of BIC pens. I wasn't writing about just one of them. I guess I was a bit sloppy, as my original wording could be interpreted to mean the nose cones were sold separately. But at those prices, for rocket parts, who cares? ;-)

Before Jim Flis sold his company, Fliskits had the largest selection of not only kits, but MX components as well.
Tubes from BT-1 to 5, engine blocks, centering rings, nosecones, transitions.
Now, not so much.
I guess the demand just isn't there.
MX scratchbuilders will just have to improvise, I guess.
I still have some of his components in my stash.

Back