slag buildup and throat erosion coefficent

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ktc

Reaction score
What are slag buildup coefficent and throat erosion coefficent means?

What are slag buildup coefficent and throat erosion coefficent means?
Not 100% sure, but I'll tell you what it sounds like. Whenever you burn a motor, some of the propellant reforms on the nozzle. You can scrape it off, or let it burn off the next time you use it. That would be the "slag build-up."

Nozzle "throat erosion" would be a slow, continual loss of mass in the nozzle throat due to graphite burning off.

"Co-efficient" would indicate numbers to use in equations when calculating burn characteristics.

If I'm wrong, someone will come along and let you know.

Not 100% sure, but I'll tell you what it sounds like. Whenever you burn a motor, some of the propellant reforms on the nozzle. You can scrape it off, or let it burn off the next time you use it. That would be the "slag build-up."

Nozzle "throat erosion" would be a slow, continual loss of mass in the nozzle throat due to graphite burning off.

"Co-efficient" would indicate numbers to use in equations when calculating burn characteristics.

If I'm wrong, someone will come along and let you know.
thanks .How can I find them?

Re-post or re-title your post so that people who are interested in those things know what you're asking. "rocket" is not a title that is going to get many people's attention.

Back