Skyfall anyone see it yet?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDcluster

Reaction score
I went tonight to see it and thought it was pretty well done.
I wouldn't put it down as the best Bond film but, rather middle of the road.
They didn't overdue the product placements.
Just hope that; Sony doesn't ruin it with any future involvement in the series.

JD

Last edited:
I thought it was great. I've always enjoyed the Bond films, but never a fanatic. I liked the over-the-(roof)top chase at the beginning, it reminded me of the extreme chase scenes at the beginnings of the older movies. And I liked the little nods and references to the old movies too. This one definitely holds up, and I like Daniel Craig as Bond. I hope he does some more.

Saw it at the IMAX theater last Saturday. Unfortunately, we got there late and had to sit in the second row. James Bond was HUGE!!!!!!
So was the screen. That close, you had to look side to side to see the whole movie.
Maybe this weekend, I'll see it again on a regular screen. From the back.

Adrian

Saw it last night with my brother and sister in law to be (this coming Saturday). I really enjoyed it.

I'm glad they're going back to a more "classical" Bond, both in the music and the stories... thankfully their scores have markedly improved since the botch-job Madonna did on hers in "Die Another Day", as has the storytelling... less gadgets and more characters...

Daniel Craig is a MUCH more interesting Bond than Pierce Brosnan... although as an actor Pierce would have been great, if they had given him anything to work with... (the scripts of his Bond films just got worse and worse with each one... by the last one it was practically as much a caricature of the Bond as the Austin Powers movies...)

This one had a REAL villian, not some super-duper megalomaniac with some fantastical weapons bordering on the ludicrous... The story was believable (for the most part) and the motivations and capabilities and threats were well thought out.

I hope they continue on this same type of thing for awhile... and yeah, I hope the switch to Columbia Pictures/Sony doesn't muck up the works... Bond was United Artists since it started... but then again, they couldn't do much worse than they did with the Brosnan films...

Later! OL JR :)

I have fond memories of watching Bond (actually Ursula Undress LOL) with my father as a child. This past Saturday was my Bday so my son, a senior in high school, took me to see Skyfall. Priceless. I thought the movie was done well and would put it in the top 5.

I was a bit dissapointed. The movie seemed to drag along in the middle without much action but the story was good. Hearing the great reviews and all the commercials kind of over hyped it for me. I liked the last 2 Bond movies better.
Just my 2cents.

Took my son (his first bond movie!), we both really enjoyed it. Craig is the best Bond since Connery. I appreciated the less-is-more approach, and the bits of retro thrown in.

Caught it today - all I can say is "WOW!" That was a really wild ride. And Silva has to be one of the slimiest Bond villains ever! I do have to say that the moment Ralph Fiennes showed up at the Q ops center, I knew what was gonna happen to him! Excellent film!

Back