Shuttle

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That thing is flying on G motors?

BTW: How did Andy Woerner do with his big RC shuttle venture?
Did they ever get that production run done?

He seems like a legit guy. I looked back at the items he has bought and they are Revell model planes/cars and a telescope. I am actually kind of interested. I am tempted to contact him and see what he says about the 11 foot long model. That would be cool.

Ben

He seems like a legit guy. I looked back at the items he has bought and they are Revell model planes/cars and a telescope. I am actually kind of interested. I am tempted to contact him and see what he says about the 11 foot long model. That would be cool.

Ben

(LOL)....I figured you might be intertested - IF you could find one that was LARGER!

If you read back further...somone already contacted him and the response did not lend much credibility to the issue.

I'm not knockin the guy...I wish him success. He may in fact do excellent fiberglass work too.

But I'd feel better if this wasn't a request to fund a protype that hasn't flown yet...as it is the flying part I'm interested in.

If you want an impressive looking static display model ...well then...this may be the ticket.
But I can't tell enough about this thing from the information posted to feel real good about making an investment.

Do you get a nice FG model for the investment - but is it left up to each buyer to figure out how to launch this thing...and/or make it flyable?

What is it using for stability...are you supposed to rig heli gyros in some fashion.......or is it going to use the traditional trailing fin on the SRBs route (as with the Sheri/Zooch/Estes et al "kits" ....or the M. Steele & G. Gassaway versions?)

Read the other posts via the links, esp. George G's....
Much food for thought....

Last edited:
not being smart and staying out of this one....

I don't know if this guy can pull it off or not but...

1) looking at the plugs, they are rough to say the least., im not sure why the solid tank has so much filler on the molds, round is easy to make a smooth master, renshape (model board) and a lathe.

2) Does he have plans or an electronic model of the actual rocket? Getting the OML (outer mold line) correct is one thing, making it fly is another.

3) Pragmatic details need to be figured out, weight estimates, engine mounting, parachute location and ejection system, even how do you add launch lugs to the shape. I usually have this stuff done BEFORE making the molds.

4) What is included in the kit? How much more $ need to be added to make it fly.

5) The shuttle stack inherently isn't stable. Some of the smaller rockets solve this by adding big fins to the bottom, same approach?

Just wondering about these things.

See my reply (message #6) over on YORF, from when this first appeared on eBay.

https://forums.rocketshoppe.com/showthread.php?t=5990&page=1

I wish him and possible customers well, but I have concerns that he's out of his element with the flying rocket part of this project.

If he had said something like "I have already built a smaller model and worked out how to make it fly well", that would make a world of difference.

- George Gassaway

Back