Shuttle Endeavor to go full-stack

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, I remember seeing the models of the building and the external tank they have ready and waiting back in 2017. We might have to actually go out to California again to see it once it's standing.

Awesome was in LA in 2012 and saw Endeavor then. Will have to find a way to see her again once stacked!

Very cool. Maybe I'm biased, being an east coaster, but should that be at Udvar-Hazy? Still, very very cool no matter where.

Discovery is at Udvar-Hazy. And they only have room for one shuttle. I wish they had put Enterprise some where in the middle of the country. 3 on the I 95 corridor and one on west coast.
Very cool. Maybe I'm biased, being an east coaster, but should that be at Udvar-Hazy? Still, very very cool no matter where.

Yeah, I know Discovery is there. I ran out of the office in Stirling to watch it fly over as it was coming in to land at Dulles. So I guess I should have said that a project like this, if it were to be done, ought to have been done at Udvar-Hazy, with Discovery.

And yes, having one of them somewhere in the middle, JSC maybe, would be good. (I was on the verge of suggesting St. Louis, which is the nearest big city to the US centroid of population, then it hit me that JSC would be far more appropriate.)

I would have appreciated St Louis 😉. Mercury and Gemini were built here after all. It wasn't go to Houston after how they handled the Saturn V preservation.

Back