Show Us Your Rocket Building Table

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Huxter - I would never have been able to complete my MPR build without those 3.00 clip-ons!

Wow! My highest mag is 1.75 and the focus range is maybe a foot away from my eyes. 3.0 would have to be within a few inches to focus! I'm 58 years old and can't do much without glasses - anything up close anyway. Far sight is still good.

That's quite the collection Tim! Are they arranged so you know which mag is which - IE top is small mag, bottom is biggest?

That's quite the collection Tim! Are they arranged so you know which mag is which - IE top is small mag, bottom is biggest?

Nah, I'm an optician so I can eyeball the powers to pick. A little +1.00 which doesn't help much anymore, a progressive pair with +2.25 in the bottom, then from roughly +6.00 up to +12.00, with another +2.75 on top of that 12 in the little round seg bifocal (second from the bottom). Those are good for inspecting tiny Eggfinder SMT work.

Wow! My highest mag is 1.75 and the focus range is maybe a foot away from my eyes. 3.0 would have to be within a few inches to focus! I'm 58 years old and can't do much without glasses - anything up close anyway. Far sight is still good.
My everyday readers are 2.50. I clip on the 3.00 magnifiers for close-up stuff, so yeah, whatever I'm looking at is about three or four inches from my nose. But I'm 70.

Years ago when I used to do air conditioning and refrigeration I would go in people's houses and some of them would be hoarders, where you only have just a simple path to get from one end of the house to the other and you can see where they used a broom to keep the path cleared with army men sticking out of the lower 2 in of the dirt. Everything was just thrown to where it was knee high or waist in the rest of the house. After seeing several those, I would always go home and tell the wife we're going to clean the house, and that's why I love the really ultra modern houses that have concrete walls, no carpet on the floor, and no clutter of any kind. So in other words, the entryway of a Cracker Barrel restaurant is my worst nightmare, with 15 million trinket items laying around that grandmother's only buy.

Luckily my tanker desk is very deep, so adding the center channel speaker didn't hurt my real estate at all.
HWFV6kL.jpg

The drafting table has been taken over by the future vegetable garden leaving me with just enough space to draw my next rocket.
45307159-DD8F-423F-B41E-7A5E8E6EF208.jpeg

The drafting table has been taken over by the future vegetable garden leaving me with just enough space to draw my next rocket.
View attachment 508920
"Vegetable". Sure, sure ;) JK
I can't post my building table. Mainly because my son has co-opted it and it's basically the messiest soldering station you could imagine. You can barely even see the desk. I work from the floor, and as a result, the floor is just as messy. The whole room is embarrassing

Moved things around to create more room, hung the F1 picture, the Sterilite bins are out from the top RH side, and under the desk. HP pc is in place, 12v rectifier is mounted under the desk top. reel-to-reel has been moved up on top of the stereo rack making the 2 monitors visible now.
n2h29Po.jpg

Moved things around to create more room, hung the F1 picture, the Sterilite bins are out from the top RH side, and under the desk. HP pc is in place, 12v rectifier is mounted under the desk top. reel-to-reel has been moved up on top of the stereo rack making the 2 monitors visible now.

Open reel tape deck, a turntable. This man knows how to listen to music!

He's actually just technology-challenged... we're not supposed to bring it up...shhh LOL
the thought of a groove cut into a piece of vinyl that the needle bounces back and forth from the left to the right wall, with the left information on the left wall, and the right information on the right wall, and having all of those extremely small microscopic grooves cut in the vinyl to wiggle that needle on a cantilever going up to a coil and having that transfer into a signal, That goes through a long bunch of circuitry, then going through an amplifier to normal speaker wire, out to speaker transducers pushing air back and forth and making marvelous music, is the eighth wonder of the world.
3Ba0VHW.gif

yaIdcN6.jpg

BwtCDz4.jpg

Last edited:
He's actually just technology-challenged... we're not supposed to bring it up...shhh LOL

No, I'm right there with him. My last nice system—analog, mind you—was built around a Revox A77 open reel deck, 1/2-track stereo. You can't get the fidelity in digital, no matter the speakers, amplifiers, or whatnot, that you can get out of vinyl or magnetic tape. But man, does he know a lot about vinyl, or what? :)

I've got 4, 4 Ă— 8 tables in my shop, and building another one. Everytime one gets covered with junk I just build another one, lol.

Back