• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of multi-channel sound.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive The Rocketry Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Sherline CNC Lathe

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxvelocity

Reaction score
Maybe not EXACTLY related to rocketry but pretty much the only thing I have used it for is making rocket parts so I hope this is ok.

I am selling my Sherline mini CNC lathe and accessories. I have owned it for around 3 years but have only run it for maybe 2 hours if that. This is the reason I am selling it. I just don't use it enough and it is taking up space in my garage. This is a very nice setup and has cut some very nice parts for me. Someone that knows how to use a lathe would be able to make some very nice things with this. I had zero machining experience when I bought this so it was more of a job than a toy trying to learn at the same time I was trying to play. I had planned on taking a class to learn the processes but just don't have time.

Anyways, I bought the 8440B package from the Sherline website, check it out for all the details and specs. I paid $2575.00 plus shipping for this setup. If anyone somewhat local is interested I also built a very nice HEAVY steel table that I have the lathe mounted to with a spot for the monitor and computer and an aluminum diamond plate back guard to keep shavings from flying all over. Obviously I wont be able to ship the table as it is really heavy, but if you are local-ish and would be willing to drive to pick it up I would include the table. I bought a 24" monitor to go with it that I could also include if wanted for another 80 bucks. I would like to get $1900 OBO. I can take pictures tonight if anyone would like some. Let me know if you are interested. Thanks

Definitely a nice system, but a pretty big investment :O Good luck moving it :)

Back