Shenzhou 6 Over Chicago

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuyNoir

Reaction score
After visiting the Heavens Above website (https://www.heavens-above.com/) Friday, I got information on when the Chinese Shenzhou 6 would be over the Chicago area. I got up this morning, and caught an exceptionally long (nearly 4 minutes) and bright pass (magnitude 2.9) of the spacecraft.

I have to admit thinking it was neat to see it, but at the same time being strangely disquieted by the idea that Chinese astronauts were flying over the US. . .

Why shouldn't the fly over the country that GAVE them the technology to be up there in the first place?

Originally posted by narprez
... I have to admit thinking it was neat to see it, but at the same time being strangely disquieted by the idea that Chinese astronauts were flying over the US. . .

Unfortunately the anti-Communist hysteria of the 50's and 60's isn't out there any more, so I doubt we'll see the Government passing any huge budget increases for NASA. Still, never hurts to write to your representatives... some of them may remember the time when Russia put the first man into space. I'm not saying that China has any nefarious reasons for putting men and machinery into orbit, but they're not exactly close allies of the US. Few times brought as much technological advancement as during the Cold War.

Concidering all the money I've spent on power tools and at my local 99 Cent Store, it good to see they are putting my money to good use.:D

Say, here's an idea...

Have NASA open a string of 99 cent store around the country and use the proceeds to finance the new CEV and a Mars mission.

Back