September Best Rocket Competition Poll - Fliskit Based - All Power Levels

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

September Best Rocket Poll

• berlinetta's Shadowlord

• gdiscenza's Night Whisper

• El Cheapo's UPscale Caution

• FatBoy's Steampunk ACME Spitfire

• Zetoyoc's Herc-5

• Rocketlady's Decim8

• Scotty Dog's Purple Haze

• adrian's Tres 3 to 1

• bytesiz's daughter's Thing-A-Ma-Jig

• MrGneissGuy's Bulls Eye

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pantherjon

Reaction score
Okay..Time to make your voice heard, or rather your clicks! Vote for the rocket you think deserves the title of Best Rocket of the Month for September!

Winner to get a SIGNED Single Digit 9th Anniversary commemorative kit from our awesome sponsor Fliskits !! 'Aim for the sky and try not to miss!'

And our entries for this month:

berlinetta's Shadowlord

gdiscenza's Night Whisper

El Cheapo's UPscale Caution

FatBoy's Steampunk ACME Spitfire

Zetoyoc's Herc-5

Rocketlady's Decim8

Scotty Dog's Purple Haze

adrian's Tres 3 to 1

bytesiz's daughter's Thing-A-Ma-Jig

MrGneissGuy's Bulls Eye

Good luck to all our entrants! Now let's get clicking the votes in!:wink:

Oh and be sure to visit our sponsor, Fliskits and buy something!...:)

Last edited:
Tell me about it. There are some inspiring builds here. Trouble is I think I have most of these in my build pile and it's not helping me decide which to start next. If I start them all I might get a strange crossbreed when I mix all the parts :)

-Z

Ill just say this. I voted and it was not for myself and not for the obvious. Lets make someone a happy little camper. :wink: Sorry if I broke any rules by posting this.OH_WELL!!!!!!

No rules broken..Vote for whomever you wish..And if you wish to announce WHO you voted for, that is fine and dandy!:wink:

I'm with Scotty Dog on this one.

While Fat Boy's is the *most* artistic I've ever seen, I voted for bytesiz's daughter. If we can encourage a young mind to continue with rocketry, however we do it, that is a win for the community.

G.D.

I voted for the best model I thought given the subject matter and the craftsmanship. I thought of Scotty's idea, then felt I should simply cast the vote based on rocket and workmanship regardless of who built it. I must admit that the quality of the photos effected my decision - clarity and overall coverage being IMO important.

Last edited:
Obviously I didn't vote for myself. Mine is not crazy or a show stopper by any means. I just happen to like it.

I did, however, try to vote for someone else other than the obvious, in my mind, as one of these is truly in a class all its own. Collective reasoning got the best of me and cast my vote regardless as it's just not fair to single out a build because it's too good.

Wow ! An incredible field of entrants. Making a choice was not easy.

Well, looks like we had a run away winner this month! Congratz to Fatboy and his Steampunk ACME Spitfire!:handshake::wave:

ALL entries were great, thanks for the entries and thanks to all who voted!:clap:

FATBOY: Please contact jflis to arrange for delivery of your prize of a single digit SIGNED Journeyman kit!

Congrats to Fatboy!!!

Zetoyoc's Herc-5... thats a sweet Herc... hope mine comes out that well!!!

Congrats to all.

Thank you to all who voted and who posted kind words about all of our entries. I admit that the results were somewhat astonishing and humbling! I would like to congratulate all who participated in this contest. I love them all - specially Rocketlady's Decim8 and Zetoyoc's Herc-5 as well as Bytesiz' daughter's Thingamajig!

Congratulations FATBOY. You gona save the prize or build it?

Hmmm, to build or save... Good question!
A Flis Jouneyman = Build!
But a single-digit Flis Jouneyman = Save!

Jeff, I received your information. I hope to have the kit out later today :)

Congratulations on the win!

Also, congrats and many thanks to all who participated in this contest as well as all the participation in our anniversary events all month long :) It's been great and now we have to focus on the next year!

I will keep you posted!

Package received, Jim! Thank you again!! Wow - that is a very cool kit!!

Back