semroc V-2

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gotta love the V-2.
So many paint schemes, so many options. We almost lost our V-2. That sucker on a D12 makes me nervous the way it disappears off the launch pad.

You can see ours in the yellow/black paint scheme.

KidsRoc3.JPG

Will a 24mm motor mount fit in place of the 18mm?Then how much added weight was needed in the nosecone?Are the fins wide enough to make her stable?(Sorry about all the questions)I just received my V-2 yesterday,Sheryl also sent me a Golden Scout.What a nice surprise.Thanks,cjp.

Nice work foose4string,That bird makes me want to order 1 or 2 more for that black/white,black/yellow schemes.So many paint jobs ,so little time!!!!!

The black and white 2 color masking isn't too bad I'd post picks but they are all on the sick computer, and I probably won't have it resurrected soon enough for them to be of help.

I'm building my V-2 and have put the engine tube into the bodytube as the instructions said flush with the bodytube,I then noticed that the rejected motor tube they give you to use when you put the engine block in the engine holder tube again flush with the end of the holder tube is the same size of a spent C6-7 casing.How do you remove a spent engine?Everything is flush,I'm thinking of cutting 1/4 in. off of the rejected casing and using that as a adaptor in front of the engine.Is this what your supposed to do?:confused2:

I'm building my V-2 and have put the engine tube into the bodytube as the instructions said flush with the bodytube,I then noticed that the rejected motor tube they give you to use when you put the engine block in the engine holder tube again flush with the end of the holder tube is the same size of a spent C6-7 casing.How do you remove a spent engine?Everything is flush,I'm thinking of cutting 1/4 in. off of the rejected casing and using that as a adaptor in front of the engine.Is this what your supposed to do?:confused2:

Use a 5/16" wood dowel (or a big pencil) and push it out from the top.

When I built mine, I positioned the block so the motor hangs out a bit. That allows me to twist the motor slightly while friction fitting it. And to pull it out also. If you build it flush you can push it out from the top with an appropriately sized rod/dowel/twig. I keep a dowel around but still like to be able to grab it.

Thanks,I thought That I had it in right.I'll use the dowel rod method from the top.Now I'm trying to figure out how to place a straight line to guide me in fin placement.With the cutouts,you still have to sight them in.I'm going to try some basswood molding my wife uses in her miniature house building.This is my first rocket with a boat tail.I papered the fins so I have the rest of the day to figure this out.Thanks again.cjp.

When I built mine, I positioned the block so the motor hangs out a bit. That allows me to twist the motor slightly while friction fitting it. And to pull it out also. If you build it flush you can push it out from the top with an appropriately sized rod/dowel/twig. I keep a dowel around but still like to be able to grab it.

I did the same thing.

Those who positioned the engine block so that the engine hangs out a bit,did it change the way the rocket balances.Did you need to add any weight?How much of the engine sticks out?I'm thinking of trying this with a small adaptor(1/4") made from a spent engine tube.

To provide a useless response.... I forget how far mine hangs out, but my guess is that I'd have made it the same as with a standard motor hook arrangement. I'm not at home to check nor did I document that in my review. I did not add any extra nose weight on the non-scale fin version. On the scale version I added about 3/4 of noseweight (didn't use the provided washer).

Back