• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Scaled Carbon Nike Fins

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just received a few fiber glass couplers made to a requested non-standard diameter and Alex did an excellent job in fabrication. Others have commented on the good quality of CF products he has produced. He has already apologized for being imprecise in his characterization of the fins as "scale." We all make mistakes, let it go. He provides a good service and produces good products at reasonable prices-you can't get much better than that!

Fred, L2
member of ICBM,
Camden, S.C.
KG4YGP

They are not scale Nike fins. The profile is the same, but Nike fins are not flat plate.

My mistake, I meant to put scaled as in increased or decreased from the original fin profile.

By are “not flat plate” are you refering to the original Nike fins that have the airfoil or something else?

That is exactly what I was referring to. To make scale Nike fins requires thicker material and machining (or other form of fabrication).

Not trying to dissuade you in any way. It appears you are making good stuff.

No worries, I just didnt get what you meant is all. It was my mistake too for putting scale instead of scaled.

I know how the original fins look like, but not their size, for certain what I have is NOT to scale and of course without the double wedge airfoils. The research you suggest is irrelavent due to the fact that I am well aware of the design of the Nike’s Fins.

Were you expecting Nike fins with airfoils when you saw the title and that is why you are pointing this out?

The posts of the thread speak for themselves. They prove that you were not "well aware", since you had to ask for dimensions, admit that you made a mistake by using the term "scale", and then, when accurate, dimensioned data is posted by me, indicating that many different variations of Nike fins exist, you respond "indignantly" and try to claim you knew it all along. Really ?

As for "scale", I expect that to indicate a precise replica of an original item. not merely a given "size".

BTW - The data was actually posted, in case other posters wanted to get a specific size or style of Nike fin from you . . . You're welcome.

Dave F.

Dave F lets let this conversation go. Apologies for the dis-agreement. Thank you for the added info of the fin Nike Design.

Last edited:
Cool down the conversation. If you prefer, they are "Nike themed" flat plate fins.

Someone is trying to sell fins he has. If you don't want them, don't buy them. This location is not the place for arguments so move along.

By the way, if they haven't sold, can I buy them (to close the thread and end the argument) have them shipped next time I buy a tube?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back